May 23, 2023
Elementary Grading Window
- The window for elementary teachers to enter grades through the Aeries Teacher Portal for the last instructional period (TRIMESTER 3: 2/13-6/1) OPENED ON 5/8.
- FRI, 5/26: Last day expected for teachers to enter grades through Teacher Portal
- WEDS, 5/31: Grade Corrections/Adjustments (Teacher Portal Entry Disabled at midnight)
Secondary Grading Window
- The window for secondary teachers to enter grades through the Aeries Teacher Portal for the final instructional period (M8: 5/1 - 6/1) OPENED ON 5/22.
- THU, 6/1: Last day expected for teachers to enter grades through Teacher Portal
- FRI, 6/2: Grade Corrections/Adjustments (Teacher Portal Entry Disabled at midnight)
Deadline to use Google Takeout
- If you are leaving the District at the end of the school year, you will need to back up your data by June 30, 2023. Please check out THIS NEWSLETTER for steps on how to complete this process.
- Students leaving the District (Seniors or students who are moving) should follow the instructions in THIS NEWSLETTER.
We are moving to the Cloud!
We will be transitioning to a cloud based authentication system beginning the week of June 5th. More information will be coming soon, keep an eye out for updated login protocols.
Paper Reading Contest -- now through May 31st
Try out Paper Reading with your students (grades 3-12) for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card!
Log in to Paper™ and click the “Paper Reading” icon. You’ll need to assign at least 15 reading tasks across your students (ex. you can assign a single reading to your entire class of 15 students).
Do you want to learn more about using Technology in the Classroom?
Become a #TechLeader!
Our Innovative Technology Services (ITS) department wants to effectively train and support all teachers, and equip each school site with someone who wants to learn more about technology integration and can provide information and basic troubleshooting support to site staff through the role of #TechLeader and #TechLeader Innovator.
#TechLeaders and Innovators from each school site will attend focused training on implementing EdTech resources, then share and demonstrate those resources to their school site, collaborate with their administrators and instructional coach, and assist sites in problem solving in the area of educational technology.
Read more about the role and apply by clicking the link below! Applications close on June 9th.
New Devices: What to Expect
- After you receive your device and have signed in to it, applications will download to the device over a few hours. If it's been a while and you still don't have important applications (such as Chrome), please restart your device while connected to your docking station.
- If you have specific applications that you use and need to download, you will have to put in a Help Desk ticket so we can push the application out to you. In the ticket system, please select Staff > Account/Application > Intune Requests > Application Request.
- The new set up is designed for flexibility. You can remove your laptop from the docking station to work in a different location or connect to your projector.
- If you are having issues with your monitor connecting to your laptop, please double check your connections and make sure they match with the picture to the right.
- Please reboot your device daily for the first week. Doing so will help with updates and ensuring your device works optimally.