RMS Weekly Event Calendar
October 30 - November 3
What's going on at RMS?
I came across something this week that I though was too good not to share with you. In his book, The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth, John Maxwell talks about a top NCAA softball coach, Sue Enquist, and her belief in the 33 Percent Rule. Coach Enquist believes that you can divide people in school, on your team, in your organization/work, or anywhere else into three divisions (bottom, middle, and top thirds). She is convinced that people in each of these divisions all have the same characteristics:
Bottom Third - People in this section suck the life out of you. They believe nothing is ever good enough for them. Because of their feelings and beliefs, they take the energy and motivation out of the environment.
Middle Third - Those individuals in this section are happy and positive as long as things are going well; however, they are down in times of adversity. Circumstances determine their attitude.
Top Third - Individuals in the top third maintain a positive attitude even when times are touch. These are the leaders, influencers, and game-changers in the organization.
I'm sure, like me, you have worked with and know people that fit into all three of these categories. However, which group do you believe would make up the most successful organization? Which type of person would you prefer to work with on a daily basis? With what group do you associate yourself?
John Maxwell encourages us to spend time with people who are positive....those that will lift us up instead of knocking us down. He emphasizes that we should seek out those that will take the high road instead of the low road and especially those who are growing! As he states, "It is possible to change without growing, but it impossible to grow without changing."
I know that "growing" can be challenging. It can create frustration and a sense of uncertainty at times. However, growing brings about the change that improves what we do. I encourage you to embrace the opportunities you have for "growth" and always strive to be in the Top Third percent!
RMS Mentoring Schedule
College Application Week!
This week we will be finishing up our Red Ribbon Week and begin our College Application Week. This is a great opportunity to begin talking with your students about their education and career goals. I trust you will take time to share your college experience with your students and encourage them to think about their future!
Monday - Reasons Not To Do Drugs
Tuesday - iTune Out Drugs
Wednesday - Discuss Your College Experience
Thursday/Friday - Academic Goal Setting
This Week at a Glance
Monday, October 30
- No known activities
Tuesday, October 31
- Book Study - Session 7 - Room 125 - Please plan to attend during your scheduled instructional period.
- Happy Halloween! We will be serving lunch to our faculty/staff today! Please come and enjoy a great lunch!
Wednesday, November 1
- JROTC Field Trip - 22 RMS tudents will be attending the JROTC field trip to Shiloh, TN. You will receive a list of names prior to the trip.
Thursday, November 2
- Technology Training with Dr. Barry Wiginton - Room 125 - Please plan to attend during your scheduled instructional period.
- RCS Cross Country Sectionals - Fairview, AL
- 7th grade girls basketball - Tharptown Tournament - Away - 4:00 p.m.
Friday, November 3
- Special Olympics - Muscle Shoals
- RMS Scholars' Bowl Tournament - Wallace State Community College
- RHS Football vs.Colbert Co. - Home - 7:00 p.m.