NW KIDDER NOTES
Summer Hours & Information for 2021-2022 School Year
KMS SUMMER HOURS FOR 2021
Friday, June 11 - Technology drop off 8:00 – 12:30PM Office open until 2:00PM
Monday, June 14 - Technology drop off Noon – 5:00PM
Tuesday, June 15 through Thursday, June 24 7:00 – 2:00PM
Wednesday, June 30 9:00 – Noon
Wednesday, July 7 9:00 – Noon
Wednesday, July 14 9:00 – Noon
Wednesday, July 21 9:00 – Noon
Wednesday, July 28 9:00 – Noon
Wednesday, August 4 9:00 – Noon
Monday, August 9 through Friday, August 20
7:00 – 2:00PM
Wednesday, August 18 6th Grade ONLY Orientation 6:00PM
Location NW Kidder Middle School Gymnasium
The purpose of these meetings is to provide the opportunity to become familiar
with the middle school for the incoming 6th grader.
Monday, August 23 Building closed for Staff welcome back meeting
Tuesday, August 24 Office hours TBD due to meetings
Tuesday, August 24 Open House 6-8 Grade
5:00 – 6:30PM
Wednesday, August 25 First Day of School; Half Day release time 11:00AM
In the 2021-2022 school year it will be required that parents have a Parent PowerSchool Portal Account to manage their students' information. This information is also included in the mailing that will give you step by step instructions. Please keep letter in safe place in case you need to refer back to it in August.
ENROLLMENT FOR STUDENTS IN DISTRICT AND SCHOOL OF CHOICE
2021-2022 Secondary (NWHS and KMS) School Hours
Half Day - 7:30 am - 11:00 am
Early Release - 7:30 am - 1:20 pm
ATTENDANCE MATTERS! BE ON TIME TO BE SUCCESSFUL!
Students who are chronically absent/late may not develop behavioral and social-emotional skills necessary for success in school and life.
How Irregular Attendance Negatively Affects the Class and the School
Negative Effects on Teachers
- Teachers lose valuable preparation and instructional time because of the need to deal with absences.
- Classroom instructional activities are more difficult when students are frequently absent.
- Teachers can experience frustration and anxiety related to absenteeism.
Negative Effects in Other Students
- Classrooms with high rates of absenteeism may experience a lack of adequate academic growth for all students.
- Students may experience frustration or anxiety due to peers' absences.
- Peers may observe absenteeism and begin to question why they need to attend.
In the 2021-2022 school year it will be required that parents have a Parent PowerSchool Portal Account to manage their students' information.