Expressing the rising rates of Diabetes in the US!
What is Diabetes? What causes it?
Diabetes is a complex group of diseases with a variety of causes. Most if not all people with diabetes have high blood glucose, which is also called high blood sugar. Diabetes is a disorder of metabolism—the way the body uses digested food for energy. Some main causes of Diabetes is
- Physically Inactive
- Parent or Sibling with Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure
- History of giving birth to a baby weighing more than 9 pounds
Type 1 Diabtes
Type 2 Diabetes
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is Diabetes managed?
- What are the symptons?
- How will I know if I have diabetes?
- Can Diabetes be cured?
- How much Insulin do I need to take to control my Diabetes?
- How will Diabetes affect my pregnancy?https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases_conditions/hic_Diabetes_Basics/hic_Diabetes_Frequently_Asked_Questions
American Diabetes Association
Telephone:1 800 342 2383
Web Site: www.diabetes.org
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
Telephone: 1 800 533 2873
Web Site: www.jdrf.org