City Yoga Lessons
Tips to Reducing Fat in Your Diet
- Limit butter, cream, hydrogenerated margarine, shortening, coconut oil, and foods with these products.
- Substitute plain low fat yogurt, whipped cottage cheese, or buttermilk, for sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Trim fat from meats before and after cooking it.
- Cook meat or poultry on a rack so the fat will drain off.
- Read labels to determine the amount and types of fat in foods.
Tips to Reducing Sugar in Your Diet
- Serve fresh fruits for snacks rather than candies and cookies.
- Drink juice or unsweet tea instead of soft drinks.
- Add fruit to plain yogurt instead of buying flavored yogurts.
- Read labels to determine sugar contents.
- Buy unsweetened cereals and add fruit instead of sugar.
Tips to Reducing Sodium in Your Diet
- Taste food before adding salt.
- Use lemon juice or balsamic vinegar instead or salt on vegetables and fish.
- Read labels at the sstore and copare foods, then buy those without added salt.
- Substitute herbs and spices for salt when preparing food.
- Eat fewer safety foods, such as pretzels and chips.