April 4, 2021
Harding Middle School Mission, Vision, and District WIG
Mission: Harding exists to ensure a safe space in which each student is afforded unique opportunities to learn and grow.
Vision: Harding will become an innovative school that empowers each student to be academically, socially, and emotionally prepared for life.
WIG: Black/AA males will meet or exceed other categories of students in all measures in 2 years.
Notes from the Office...
- Please remind your child that masks are required at school. Every student and staff member must wear a mask while at school. Students that are not following expectations for wearing their mask may be sent home and a parent meeting required upon their return to school.
- Please also help remind your child to wear appropriate clothing to school. Spaghetti straps and crop tops are not acceptable for school.
Academic Success Lab
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Harding is offering support for students to improve their grades from 3:30-5:15. Students can join class in 2 different ways - coming to the library during in person cohort days OR join virtually using this link.
- Every morning from 8:00-8:30, students can get extra time and help with work in their Advisory class. Virtual students can get additional help by going to this link.
Drake Boys and Girls Club
- Please see the attachment for information on the Drake Boys and Girls Club.
- Transportation by the Boys and Girls Club is now available.
- Questions? Please call Kristina Cox at 515.577.7160
Harding Athletics and Activities
- North Middle School Swim Season is in session. Practices are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at North High School. Click here for more information. .2021 Middle School Swimming (1)
- Track practices for 7th and 8th grade have begun! Practices are Monday-Thursday at Harding Middle School. Click the track page for more details.
- Soccer practices for 7th and 8th grade will begin April 19. More information to come.
- Intramural Sports for ALL students will begin April 1 with Ms. Tiffany! Intramurals will meet in the gym Thursdays immediately after school.
- Many clubs will be meeting in person Semester 2. Students need to return a Covid Release Waiver signed by a guardian before they can participate in in-person activities or athletics. See the Activities Calendar on the After School Programs page for club offerings.
Athletics Registration for7th and 8th Grade 2021 Middle School Skills Academy
- No fee for participation
- Middle School Skills Academy registration will be the same as Middle School Sports. Register Here
- If you have already registered for Middle School Sports through Online School Registration you DO NOT need to fill this form out.
- While physicals are NOT required this school year, they are encouraged and are valid for 13 months!
- Does your student need a physical? You can schedule with the Iowa Clinic here.
- If you have any questions please contact Ms. Kendzora, Harding's Student Engagement Coordinator
- Learn more on the Harding Athletics page.
Harding Students Help the Community
Seventh Grade Students raised over $1000 for Water for South Sudan! Thank you for your support of our students in this effort. Students were inspired upon reading "A Long Walk to Water" by Linda Sue Park in Literacy and their studies of social justice in Global Studies. "A Long Walk to Water" is partially based upon the story of Salva Sut, a "lost boy" of Sudan, who founded the non-profit Water for South Sudan. Students could earn the opportunity for a meet and greet with Salva Sut through their fundraising efforts.
Hero Squad! Harding Middle School is proud to be apart of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's service learning project, The Hero Squad this school year. Our goal is to raise over $2,000 to develop research that will help kids with blood cancer. If each Harding student raises $3.00, about the cost of one bag of Takis, we will exceed our goal and make a positive difference in the lives of others. Harding Student Government and members of the Harding Wolf Pack, Brooke, Jaymaire, Eh, Leah, Lilly, Naleeya, Louis, MiKyra, Noreli, and Jose, have been working hard to come up with fun incentives and communication efforts to make our Hero Squad Fundraiser successful. You can donate March 29- April 12 on the Harding donation site!
Thank you for your support!
- Daily Virtual Morning ASL 8:00-8:30 - link
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday ASL 3:30-5:15 in the library and/or virtual
Monday, April 5
- Student Panorama Survey begins
- National Associate Principal Week
- National Paraprofessional/Associate Week
Tuesday, April 13
- Highland Park/Oak Park Community Meeting @6:00
Wednesday, April 14
Thursday, April 15
- Progress Reports sent to families