Clarks Creek Staff News
September 26, 2014
SCHOOL GOALS - What will you do next week to get our students there?
- 40% of all students who take the ISTEP assessment will earn the maximum number of points of each problem solving question. This is an increase of 2.9% over last year’s scores.
- 80% of all students who take the ISTEP assessment will earn a score of 4, 5, or 6 on the Writing Applications six-point rubric. This is an increase of 3.6% over last year’s scores.
- Current fourth grade students will increase scores by at least 3% in the subcategory of Algebra & Functions, scoring 88% or higher.
That "school goals" section right above this is the same every week now that we have those established. Even so, please take time to read it each and every week and stop to think about the answer to the question:
What will you do next week to get our students there?
For some of you, the answer is easy! Courtney Gordon, from Smekens Education will be here working with our third, fourth, and fifth grade teams on Thursday, October 2. I asked her to plan her presentation very specifically to help us address our writing goal, and the handout she sent looks like it's going to be a great workshop!
In addition to that, your grade levels worked to come up with great lists of ideas that you could implement that would be different than some of the things you've done in the past. Keep working to add these into your weekly lesson plans every week. When we get so busy with everything going on (end of the quarter, preparing for conferences, etc.), it's easy to resort back to the things we're familiar with. If we do the same things, we have to expect the same result! Our goals direct us to use those different ideas to move students even further. Keep your eye on the target! Thanks for being so dedicated to making our students better and better!
Have a great week,
Around the Building
- Finish up conference schedules.
- Acuity Math Readiness is ready to roll! The window is fairly large, so if you'd like to adjust your testing schedule, please let Misty know. Otherwise, you may begin next week!
- Please turn in your conference schedule and any needs for EL or ASL interpreters for parent conferences to the office by Oct. 1.
10-Day Forecast of Upcoming Events
September 29, 2014
Good News Club Start Date
After school – 5:15
LGI – pick-up @ Door 5
September 30, 2014
Building Discussion Meeting
Large Conference Rm
October 1, 2015Conference Schedules and Interpreter Needs Due to the Office (Tina)
October 2, 2014
Courtney Gordon PD ½ Day gr. 3-5
8:30 – 11:30, 12:30 – 3:30
October 2, 2014
3:50 - 4:50
October 3, 2014
End of First Grading Period
October 6, 2014
District High Ability Committee Mtg
4:00 – 5:00
TRY IT - TweenTribune Reading Resource for Nonfiction Text
TweenTribune is now Smithsonian TweenTribune K-12 lesson plans, quizzes, apps and more.
The Smithsonian is offering a new, no-cost service to schools. TweenTribune is a K-12 reading resource created to provide teachers with nonfiction text and tools to boost students' critical thinking skills. It is now part of the Smithsonian, which has added iPad apps, Lexile scores, lesson plans, daily quizzes, 1-minute STEM videos, performance tracking and more!
Discover the no-cost articles, services and features for teachers on SmithsonianTweenTribune!