I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.- Psalm 16:8
- Every scholar is forever growing in their love for Jesus.
- Every scholar is reading and performing math at or above grade level and is prepared for the next grade level, high school, college, and beyond.
- Every scholar is developing positive, life-long character virtues to become tomorrow’s leaders.
We met our Attendance Goal AGAIN!
FISH NOTE SHOUT OUTS:
- Shout out to Mr. Driscoll for continuing to practice routines and procedures with our scholars during gym class!
- Shout out to Ms. Hage for coordinating Open House and teaching parents how to use Skyward!
- Shout out to Mr. McCrary for requiring his mathematicians to defend their answers!
- Shout out to Grades K4-3 for completing your awesome college bound chants!
Message from Ms. Neiman
Happy Friday Team-
Here are some updates for the week:
Grades 3-8 Text Study:
Please remember that you should begin implementing the reading comprehension lessons (text study) this coming Monday if you have not begun yet. Grades 3-8 scholars should also be using guided notes during reading comprehension. Please let me know if you need help finding resources. If you do not have the novel, the first few chapters should be in your drive under LUMIN Curriculum and Assessments.
We enjoyed discussing the strengths and areas for growth in writing at our Wednesday at PD. We would like to remind you that grading of the pre assessments should be completed by Tuesday, September 20th.
Objectives: Please remember it is an expectation that objectives are posted each day by 7:30AM. Last week on average 80% of teachers posted learning objectives on a daily basis. This week the average was 80%. Let's aim for 100% next week and every week!
Agendas: Please remember to post your daily agenda with the date by 7:30AM each day. Last week on average 50% of teachers posted daily agendas with the date on a daily basis. This week the average was 50%. Let's aim for 100% next week and every week!
Uniform, Homework, Attendance Tracker:
Please remember to post your uniform, homework, attendance %'s on a daily basis at your door. Last week on average 50% of classrooms had updated uniform, homework, and attendance data. This week the average was 75%. Let's aim for 100% next week and every week!
This week's walk through observations detail that our teachers have consistently been utilizing do it again, format matters, and building aspiration. We still encourage you to practice your dance moves from 100% and strong voice. I enjoyed meeting with 80% of our staff this week to discuss STAR data and curriculum. If we were unable to meet, please e-mail me to set up a time for this week.
Thank you for keeping the forms this week so we were able to determine accurate data.
5th grade had a total of 66 at approximately 3 min each.
6th-8th had 262 bathroom breaks this week at approximately 3 min each.
We regret to inform you that Ms. Bonner resigned as she had another job opportunity. Catapult is looking to secure a new Title teacher. We were unaware that she would not be at Pilgrim today and apologize for any inconvenience this caused with your schedules. In addition, please note that as discussed the Title schedule we worked on creating with ELT and STCM ensures that scholars receive a double dose of reading and are not pulled from their reading block or personalized math learning time. We understand that on occasion our scholars are pulled from a part of a special. As our poverty walk showed us, our scholars are many years behind grade level and need to receive a double dose of reading instruction. If you have any questions, please contact me personally.
I look forward to seeing you all on Sunday at 8:50AM for chapel. We hope that you have a fabulous weekend and take some time to rest!I
Calendar Week of September 12th-16th:
Sunday, September 18th
- 8:50 Commissioning and introducing new teachers at Pilgrim Lutheran Church
Monday, September 19th
- 9:15-10:15- Meeting TFA Neiman and Poe
- 12:45-2:45- Neiman STCM
- 4:00- Neiman interview for science position
- 3:50-4:30 Collaboration Meeting time
Tuesday, September 20th
- 7:20 Vision Meeting in Ms. Davis's Room (Ms. Wilde facilitating)
- 1:20-2:00 Neiman Skyward Training
- 2:00-4:00 Principal Meeting
Wednesday, September 14th
- 8:30-9:00 Neiman/Poe Meeting
- 9:00-11:00 Neiman STCM
- 11:15-1:15- Ms. Payton covering the office
- 1:30-4:00- Ms. Green covering the office
- 2:00-4:15 LUMIN PD (NW)
- 8:00PM Lesson Plans are Due in Google Drive and Collaboration Logs
- Any submissions to newsletter are due
Thursday, September 21st
- 9:00-2:00 1st and 2nd grade field trip Riveredge
- 10:15- Neiman meeting with Caroline
- 11:30- Neiman meeting with Shaun
- 1:00 Poe/Neiman meeting
- 3:50 Pilgrim PD
Friday, September 23rd
- Ms. Poe's BIRTHDAY!!!
- 8:00-9:00 PD Planning meeting
- 10:00-12:00- Neiman STCM
- 12:00 Wilde off/Driscoll covering (No GYM- plan ahead)
- 1:15 Poe off
- Writing Assessments should be graded by 9/20
- Baseline DRA/Word Analysis 9/12-9/23
- 100% of Classroom Libraries are leveled and books in classroom libraries are inventoried in google sheet.