2. Legalizing marijuana would generate 8.7 Billion in federal and state tax revenue per year.
3. Study has shown that marijuana is less harmful than alcohol or tobacco.
4. Over 800,00 people are arrested for marijuana in the US each year.
5. A marijuana-derived compound forces cancer cells to freeze and prevent them from spreading.
6. California was the first US state to ban marijuana a century ago.
7. Using marijuana during pregnancy can affect your baby.
8. Research shows marijuana may cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse.
9. Heavy marijuana users generally report lower life satisfaction, poorer mental and physical health, more relationship problems, and less academic and career success compared to non-marijuana-using peers.
10. Contrary to common belief, marijuana is addictive. Estimates from research suggest that about 9 percent of users become addicted to marijuana; this number increases among those who start young (to about 17 percent, or 1 in 6) and among people who use marijuana daily (to 25-50 percent).