ITS Maureen Davis
Here are some really cool Chrome extensions that I have shared before, but are worth sharing again.
Extensions are small software programs that can provide you with added features to your browser. Follow these steps to add an extension to your Chrome browser:
- Click on the bullets (3 dots) icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Click on "More Tools"
- Click on "Extensions"
- Scroll all the way down and click on "Get more extensions"
- You've entered the Chrome Web Store. You can search for extensions here. You can also go directly to the Web Store by click "Apps" icon (rainbow waffle) icon in the upper left corner on Chrome menu bar. Then click on the Chrome Web Store Icon (shopping bag)l
- Type in the name of the extension and hit enter.
- Locate the extension and click on "Add to Chrome:
Tool(s) of the Week: Chrome extensions
Send from Gmail
Tab Scissors: This simple tab organization tool divides one window into two.
If you have at least two tabs in the selected Chrome window, it will split that window into two smaller side-by-side windows. All the tabs on the left side of the selected tab will stay in the left window, and the rest will move to the window on the right.
It is especially helpful for those who have lots of tabs opened at a time.
Tab Glue: This simple organization tool puts all of your Chrome tabs together into one window with a single click.
The new window has your tabs arranged in the same order your windows were and makes the selected tab in your current window be the newly selected tab, so you won't lose track of where your tabs were or what you were doing.