LMS Parent Newsletter
November 14-18, 2022
Thank you, thank you, thank you! We appreciate your help in making our Veterans Day program and breakfast a memorable occasion for our veterans. Many of our veterans paused to state their appreciation of the event, and they commented on how impressed they were with our students. Our students really shined in hosting, speaking, and showing their respect for those who have sacrificed so much.
This week, as we look forward to Thanksgiving Break, we ask that you continue to support our canned food drive benefiting the Coweta Community Food Pantry. Students are asked to bring in cans or they can give monetary support. As part of our mission, we are dedicated to giving students opportunities to serve and give to others. Please remind your child to give if you can.
As always, we look forward to serving your child this week, and we are dedicated to our mission of LEARNING, MOTIVATING, and SERVING.
Have a great week!
LMS Admin Team
We ARE LEE- Learning, Motivating, and Serving!
Mrs. Robinson and Mr. Pearce supporting our students as they begin LEARNING a new math unit!
Mrs. Adcock's class is MOTIVATED to play "Who sunk my periodic table?"
Mrs. Rhodes and Mrs. Barnes are always up to the challenge! Thank you for preparing and SERVING our veterans breakfast on Friday!
Monday- November 14
- Can-a-thon-Please bring in your cans and turn them into homeroom.
- Basketball Sign-ups- this week (MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL) SEE COACH HARRIS AND COACH O'ROURKE
- Academic Bowl Practice (3:45-4:45pm)
Tuesday - November 15
- Salt and Light (7:30am in Ms.Ratcliff's room)
- School Make-up Picture Day
- Garden Club (3:30-4:30pm)
- Science Olympiad Family Fun Night (5:30-6:30pm)
- After-school tutoring
Wednesday- November 16
- Art Club (3:45-4:30pm)
Thursday- November 17
- Pickles, Popcorn, and Slushies (PTO)
- Pajama Day- $5.00 (proceeds benefit Coweta Community Food Pantry)
- Science Olympiad (3:55-5:00pm)
- Academic Bowl LMS @ Arnall (4:30-5:30pm)
- 8th Grade-The Outsiders Day- Dress up
- Student/Faculty Volleyball Game
November 21-25-Thanksgiving Break
November 28- Basketball Tryouts begin
December 14- Affidavits are due! Please speak to Mrs. Brown, our Registrar, if you have any questions.
December 16-Jingle Run PTSO Family Event
Affidavits are due December 14, 2022
LMS SERVICE PROJECT
Upcoming Events- Mark your calendar! Our Jingle Run will be Friday, December 16th!
Watch D.O.G.S Program
Our WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) was a success Thursday night. We had an amazing turn-out, and we are looking forward to seeing all of our dads during the school day. The program's goals include:
- The first goal is to provide positive male role models for students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- The second goal is to provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Barnes, our school counselor at 770-251-1547.
LMS Volleyball Team- Coweta County Middle School Champions!!
** Tickets are sold at the home field for $5.00.
** Students may attend if they are accompanied by a parent.
Online Ticket Orders
Volleyball Information: Coach Robert Doyal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to our Lady Timberwolves!
The Lady Timberwolves are the 2022 Coweta County Middle School Volleyball Champions! Not only did they go undefeated during the playoffs, but they were also undefeated at the end of the regular season. We want to thank this team and Coach Robert Doyal for a great season and all the hard work they put into accomplishing this well-deserved feat! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Academic Bowl: Mrs. Kathryn Danekes- email@example.com
Practices - Every Monday until 4:45
Academic Bowl Meets
November 8 - Lee vs. Smokey Road (Home)
November17 - Lee vs. Arnall (Away)
December 6 - Lee vs. Evans (Away)
Basketball - Coach Patrick Harris - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coach Christopher O'Rourke - email@example.com
If you are interested in trying out for the team, boys will need to sign up with Coach Harris, and girls will need to sign up with Mr. O'Rourke from November 14 - November 18. The first day of tryouts will be November 28. You must have all of your physical paperwork on file prior to attending the tryout practices. You will also have to be academically eligible to play on the team. Your first semester report card will determine academic eligibility.
Here is the link for physicals-click here.
Sideline Cheer Squad: Coach Ashley Burton -firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice - 4:00 - 5:00
PTSO Volunteers Needed
PTSO (LMS FamLee Den)
September 22 Partners Pizza Summergrove
September 23 Junction Lanes Newnan
October 21 StarLite Thomas Crossroads
October 27 Brusters Newnan
February 9 Nothing Bundt Cake
March 10 StarLite Thomas Crossroads
March 23 Partners Pizza Summergrove
April 26 Brusters Newnan
Lunch- We do not accept deliveries from Door Dash, Uber Eats, or other forms of food delivery for students.
Dress Code- Please ensure that your child is following the Coweta County Dress Code. Students who are not in dress code will be required to call home for a change of clothes. See Dress Code Guidelines as a refresher.
As students transition from elementary school to middle school, the dress code is adjusted for this age level. These guidelines are set by the district.
Our biggest concern is for both male and female students. If they decide to wear jeans with holes above the knee, they must wear leggings underneath. Holes are not permitted to expose the skin. Please help guide your child to be in dress code each day.
Would you like to know when your student’s bus is going to be late?
The Coweta County School System Transportation Department is using the Bus Bulletin notification system to notify parents and students when there are bus delays and schedule changes.
If you would like to receive instant notifications when delays or incidents affect your student's bus, please register with Bus Bulletin.
There is no cost for this service.
Registration is simple and fast.
You can choose to receive text messages, phone calls, and e-mails.
All contact information is stored securely and will not be shared or sold - your privacy is protected.
For more information, or to sign-up and start receiving notifications, please visit:
To confirm current bus routes, go to www.cowetaschools.net; click on Departments, then look for transportation, and next Bus Routes.
Note: BusBulletin will replace the Bus Status on Friday, August 26, 2022. Bus Status will no longer be active.
For help with registration, call Mrs. Amy Williford at (770) 254-2820 or email her at email@example.com.
Help spread the word. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.www.facebook.com/busbulletin • www.twitter.com/busbulletin
Arrival and Dismissal Times
Morning Car Riders:
- Parents may drop students off at the FRONT of the school, beginning at 7:30am.
Afternoon Car Riders:
- Dismissal begins at 3:25pm
- Please wait in your car and follow staff instructions for loading.
- Once students have been dismissed to the car loading zone, staff will direct traffic (two car lanes)
- Please view this informational video for loading procedures.
- Please encourage your student to pay attention to the car line and where you are located. If your student has not entered the car by the time the line is dismissed, you will need to pull around the circle again.
- If you are unsure of your child's bus or pick-up time, please contact Transportation at 770-251-1547 or review the Coweta County Transportation Website
- Please review the Frequently Asked Questions
- To receive updates regarding afternoon bus information, sign up for our Bus REMIND: Text @9FA6HB to 81010
- Please click HERE to review bus rules with your child. Some gentle reminders- Students are not allowed to eat on the bus or play loud music. They should sit in their seat and face forward.
- If a student needs to ride a bus other than the assigned bus, the student must bring a note from the parent/guardian with a telephone number for verification. Once verified, these request are honored if space allows. Transportation notes will be accepted in the form of a written letter, an email, or by fax.
- Students do not need a transportation note to change from a car to bus or vice versa on a given day. Notes are only needed if a a student is riding a bus that is not their regular assigned bus (for example, going home with a friend on a different bus)
NEW Breakfast and Lunch Prices
School Clinic and Medication
- A school nurse or designee may administer medication provided all of the requirements are met.
- All medicine shall be in its original labeled container or prescription bottle.
- Written instructions for prescription medication must be from a doctor or physician's assistant authorized to prescribe medicine. How to administer, amount to be administered, time to be administered, must be shown.
- A written request by the parent or guardian must be made to the school nurse to administer any medication.
- Please contact the school nurse at 770-251-1547 if you have any questions.
Cell Phone Policy
Parents, we need your help! Students are required to power off electronic devices and to keep them in their bookbags (along with earbuds and Airpods) during the instructional day.
In recent years there has been an increasing numbers of students using their phones or other electronic devices in classrooms:
to take pictures of students and text them to others or to post them on social media
to text with others during instruction
to play online games
to communicate with their peers in other classes
Using cell phones and other electronic devices in the classroom can be disruptive, interrupts instruction, and can be hurtful to students whose pictures are being taken. We will continue to do our best to monitor this and to make sure students understand the expectations and consequences when using their phones or devices in class. Our cell phone policy will be posted on our website, parent weekly newsletter, and a reminder is announced each morning on the intercom.
We have a phone designated for student use during the day for emergencies if needed located in our front office. Our office staff will also make sure any parent message left during the day is forwarded to students during the day as needed.
If students have their devices out, on, or are using them during the instructional day, parents will be contacted, and following a reminder/warning, progressive consequences will be assigned
Please help us by supporting this policy so we can maximize instruction, protect the integrity of assessments, and protect the privacy of our students. If you have questions about the use of cellphones/electronic devices in school, please don’t hesitate to contact an administrator.
We NEED YOU! Community and Business Partnerships Outreach
LMS Club Information
Current Club Offerings
Extracurricular activities and clubs help develop areas of the brain that may not be fully utilized by strictly academic work. At Lee, we believe that we can develop important skills, such as creative problem-solving, teamwork, and empathy through our clubs. This year, we are committed to championing community service projects as part of our mission to help students to Learn, Motivate, and Serve. Click HERE to view our club offerings.