Family Update OVLC 4K-6th Grade
Information for the week of 3/22 - 3/26
2020-2021 OVLC Smore
Thank you for reading our weekly update! Here are some highlights:
- No School for students on Friday, March 19th
- Spring Break (no school) March 27 - April 5
- 3rd-6th Grade State Testing (Forward Exam) Information
- OVLC Spiritwear sale!
- Summer School Information
- Student-led OVLC Newspaper Opportunity: OVLC Times
- And MORE!
4K-6th Grade OVLC Principal
March 19th... No School Students
March 29th - April 5th... No School (Spring Break)
Tuesday, April 6th... 1st day of school after spring break
April 13th... OVLC PTO meeting 7PM
April 13th - April 29th... Third - Sixth Grade Forward Exam
Forward Exam: 3rd - 6th Grade State Testing
All Oconomowoc students in grades 3 to 8 and grade 10 will participate in the Wisconsin Forward Exam this spring. This online test is designed to gauge how well students are mastering the Wisconsin Academic Standards in:
- English Language Arts (grades 3-8)
- Math (grades 3-8)
- Science (grades 4, 8)
- Social Studies (grades 4, 8, 10).
OVLC students will take the Forward Exam at OHS East Campus between April 13 and April 29, 2021 (see below for grade level test schedule). Please note that remote testing options are not available for statewide assessments as per the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Meadow shared a video on our Creative Outlet Padlet of her creation!
Yuriana shared a video on our Creative Outlet Padlet of her creation!
"Students of all ages have the opportunity to send in submissions to me (Delaney) with a chance of their story being published! You have some creativity when it comes to the article but some ideas are:
Be creative! I would love to see anything that you create!
We are going to send out a new issue every two weeks featuring 5-10 submissions. The first issue is coming out after spring break with the deadline for the submissions on March 26th. Fill out this form to submit your creations!
OVLC Spiritwear! Available NOW!
We are excited to offer an OVLC Spiritwear Sale!
The sale includes youth apparel, women's apparel, men's apparel, and unisex apparel.
The sale will be open now until March 21st.
Items are expected to be ready by Friday, April 9th.
In collaboration with our OVLC PTO, we will have an OVLC Spirit week in Mid-April to show our OVLC / OASD Pride!
Here are the details:
- LINK to ORDER
- Due to turnaround times, no late orders will be accepted.
- The last day to order is Sunday, March 21st, 2021.
- Items are expected to be ready by Friday, April 9th, 2021.
- Orders will be available for pickup at OHS East Campus.
- All sales are final. No changes, returns, or exchanges with online apparel orders.
Mrs. Floyd, 4K Teacher
Top 3 Favorites Parts of Teaching in the OVLC:
Having students from across the district in my class
Getting to know families
Learning new technology
About Mrs. Floyd’s Teaching Experience:
I've taught First Grade, Fifth Grade, Sixth Grade, Three-year-old preschool, Kindergarten and 4K. I've taught in Illinois, Maryland and Wisconsin.
A Bit More About Mrs. Floyd:
My husband and I have two sons who attend Oconomowoc High School. We also have a Labrador Retriever named Gracie. I like to travel, cook and attend anything my kids are involved in.
Some of Mrs. Floyd’s Favorites:
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Mrs. Timm, 1st Grade Teacher
About Mrs. Timm’s Teaching Experience:
I have been teaching for many years. First I taught reading to adults in the Peace Corps, and in Chicago too. Then I started teaching reading, as a First Grade teacher for many years at Ixonia Elementary.
A Bit More About Mrs. Timm:
I like to travel, knit and watch animals in the wild.
Some of Mrs. Timm’s Favorites:
It has been a pleasure to serve the students in the OVLC.
Mark Your Calendars: Supply Pick Up
MATERIAL DROP OFF / PICK UP DATES
Location: East Campus (915 E. Summit Ave.)
March 10, 11, 12
April 14th (A-M), 15th (N-Z), 16th (extra date)
May 12th (A-M), 13th (N-Z), 14th (extra date)
May 26th (A-M), 27th (N-Z), 28th (extra date)
(4K Pick up dates: 2/26, 3/12, 3/26, 4/16, 4/30, 5/14, 5/28)
Mrs. Lang's Virtual Office
- OVLC Calendar: Links to announcements and newsletters.
- Announcements: Emailed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Mrs. Lang Read Aloud: Read alouds are added each week. All of the read alouds will remain on THIS page!
- OVLC Spiritwear options (Order using this LINK!) Gear up for OVLC Spirt Week in April!
- Like the 4K-6th Grade OVLC Facebook page @OconVirtualLearningCommunity
- FUN events for our students: Egg Crack Off & OVLC Talent Show
- Mindful March - Promoting healthy habits brainstorm!
The next PTO meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 13th at 7PM. A Zoom meeting link will be shared as the date approaches.
OLVC Library Book Pickup and Access
Students also have access to E-texts via Overdrive using their Classlink account.
Student is unable to attend any live sessions or complete any assignments for the day
Student is unable to attend live sessions but can complete work during part of the day or after 3:30 p.m.
- Contact teacher via email by 9:00 a.m.
Please contact your home school office with any questions.