H.Marcus Elementary Library
1st Six Weeks Report
1st Six Weeks Library Statistics
· 2429 Total Items Circulated
· 531 New books added to the collection
· 160 Students served before and after school
· 12 Parents used the library before and after school
· 12 New parent accounts added
1st Six Weeks Library Activities
We had lots of fun in the library during the 1st Six Weeks. Here are some of our activities.
- Students participated in a book give away to celebrate returning to school in August. 25 books were awarded to students whose names were drawn.
- The Texas Bluebonnet Award Program was promoted to students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades and is ongoing through January.
- The Texas 2X2 Reading Program was promoted to students in Pre-K through 2nd grades and is ongoing throughout the year.
We had our first Herbert Marcus Family Story Time on September 20. 20 Parents and children attended.
4th grade Science Class research using computers in the library.
5th grade TAG classes creating Book Trailers in the library.