Sequoia Elementary Newsletter
School News and Updates
Responsibility is the characteristic of the month for September. At our school wide assembly last week we spoke about 5 ways students can show they are responsible.
- Being accountable for your actions
- Doing the right thing
- Fixing your mistakes
- Knowing what is expected
- Keeping your commitments
Teachers are doing activities in the classroom about how students show responsibility at school, at home, in the community and to themselves. To ensure the home-school connection, feel free to check in with your child about what it means to be responsible.
Our girls basketball season is already underway! Yesterday they had their first game against Matanzas and did an awesome job. Please come cheer on our Lady Giants tomorrow afternoon for a game against Madrone at 4:15 in the Sequoia MPR.
Don't forget that we have a Sequoia Parents Club meeting tomorrow evening in the MPR at 6:30pm. This will be a great opportunity to meet new parents and get involved in events coming up soon!
Sequoia Movie Night: The Incredibles
Friday, Sep. 14th, 5:30pm
Sequoia Elementary MPR
Join us in the MPR for a showing of The Incredibles! Be sure to bring blankets, chairs, and/or cushions. Pizza, snacks, and drinks will be available for purchase.
Note: There is no child care at this event. Plan on enjoying the movie with your children and other Sequoia families.
Giving Students a Choice of Tools to Solve Math Problems
Odyssey of the Mind
We need an Odyssey of the Mind Site Parent to act as the main point of contact for any Odyssey of the Mind teams at Sequoia. Below is a link for more info on what this position means for our school. Email me at email@example.com if you are interested in this position.
For any parent who has a child interested in taking part in Odyssey of the Mind (your child does not have to be qualified for GATE), the District will be holding an OM Parent Information meeting on Thursday evening, September 27, at 6:30 at Madrone.
Click the button below to check out the opportunities to help!
Sequoia Elementary School App
- For safety purposes, please make sure you check in at the office whenever you are on campus during school hours. Even if you volunteer regularly, we'd like you to get a visitors badge at the office.
- Please remember not to park in any red zones or the cross walk before or after school.
- As a district, we allow students to bike/scooter to school starting in 3rd grade. Please make sure your child wears a helmet as required by state law.
Dates to Remember
- Sept. 13th - SPC Meeting , 6:30 in the MPR
- Sept. 14th - Movie Night, 5:30 in the MPR
- Sept. 21st - No School, In Service Day
- Sept. 22nd - Parent University
- Sept. 24th-Oct. 5th - Fall Conferences
- Oct. 12th - Walk A Thon