October 17, 2019
Here is What Happened this Week!
- Thank you to all who participated in the DelVal Hayrides last Friday! And thank you PTO for providing another fun family experience!
- Students continued learning Leadership Lessons from our APEX Athletes.
- 5th Grade took a Field Trip to Peace Valley Park on Tuesday. Thank you, 5th grade teachers, for organizing this incredible trip and learning experience for our students!
- EDK visited Jamison on Tuesday.
- We had Author John David Anderson visit our 4th, 5th, and 6th Grades on Wednesday! Thank you, Mrs. Kehan for providing this experience for our students!
- We are so appreciative of the support our students are getting as they raise money for our Fun Run!
- The Phillie Phanatic surprised us with a visit to help kick off our Fun Run today!
- Students and staff did an AMAZING job running to support Warwick Elementary today! Thank you to everyone who participated!
What's Happening Next?
- Tomorrow is our last day with APEX where we Wrap Up our leadership learning, our prizes, and our fun with the APEX Athletes!
- This Saturday is CB Cares' Pumpkinfest!
- It is RED RIBBON WEEK! (See the Theme Days Below)
- 3rd Grade PEN students have a field trip on Tuesday.
- We will have our Annual Warwick Pumpkin Patch in the courtyard on Tuesday. Students get to pick a pumpkin and bring it home :)
- Boomerang nominations for October are due on Wednesday. This month we are recognizing students who exemplify Asset #18 Youth Programs: Young person spends 3 or more hours per week in sports, clubs or organizations at school or in the community.
- 2nd Grade has a field trip on Thursday
Click here to see more events planned for Warwick during this school year.
Welcome, Miss Kazokas!
Please welcome Miss Danielle Kazokas, our newest Autistic Support teacher at Warwick Elementary. Miss Kazokas is an East Stroudsburg University graduate. She studied Early Childhood and Special Education there and then received her Master’s degree in Special Education with a concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis at Slippery Rock University. She became a teacher to have a positive influence in the lives of the students and she loves seeing and helping other people learn. In her words, “There is nothing more rewarding than watching a student succeed!” Her fourth grade teacher was the person who inspired her to become a teacher. She shared: “At times I struggled in math, but she was patient and always took the time to help me understand the concepts better. She believed in me as a learner and made learning fun!” Before joining us, she worked at a private school for students with Autism. Her favorite book is The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. In her free time she enjoys spending time with my family and friends and she looks forward to working with the students, their families and my co-workers here at Warwick.
Miss Kazokas is taking the position left by Mrs. Amanda McCaughey who accepted a teaching job in another district. We wish both teachers happiness and success in their new positions!
Items Needed for the Warwick Spring Musical
Halloween Safety & Fun
Date & Time: To coordinate safety across all CBSD schools, we will have our Halloween Parade and Parties on October 31. The parade will begin at 9:30 AM. Party times will be communicated through homerooms.
Kindergarten: Kindergarten's Field Trip will still be held on the 25th as planned. Kindergarten Families have received a letter explaining the parade.
We ask parents to use caution when sending in a costume for our school parade. Students need to be able to have a normal field of vision, and should be able to walk freely (costumes should not be too long or bulky). Costumes should not be gruesome or frightening; and anything that could be considered a play weapon should remain at home.
The main parking lot area will be restricted from parking. We appreciate St. Cyril's for allowing us to use their parking lot on Parade Day.
In the event of inclement weather, grades 1 - 3 will parade in the hallways. We will not allow parents/guardians into the building in the event of a hallway parade. We will take lots of pictures to share.
Parent/Guardian Party Volunteers:
ONLY pre-arranged parent/guardian volunteers who have clearances will be allowed into the building and classrooms as helpers for parties. For safety/security reasons, teachers will communicate the names of those parents/guardians who are pre-arranged volunteers. No one else will be admitted into the school. Thank you for your understanding and support as we maintain a fun and safe/secure day for our children and staff.
Casual for a Cause
During September, the Warwick Staff raised $148 which went to the Shriner’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia.
For the month of October, Mrs. Emma Unsihuay was randomly picked to select the next good cause. She selected the American Heart Association: “The American Heart Association holds a special place in my heart. Pun intended. I have lived with a heart condition since birth and have lost family members to heart disease. Heart disease is the No. 1 killer worldwide and stroke ranks second globally. The AHA works relentlessly through research and education to create a world of longer, healthier lives.”
So, when you see our staff dressed casually on October 18 and October 25 you'll know they are supporting Ms. Unsihuay's choice, AHA.
Please click on our link to the Parent/Guardian Handbook (a.k.a "The Warwick Welcome") to learn more Warwick information, practices, procedures, and policies.
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Use this link to update your student's emergency information, check attendance, see immunizations, and more.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.