BY: Jill,Ari,and Emily
- Born Feb 12, 1787
- Died May 18, 1835
- He lived for 48 years
- Born in Kentucky
- Married Sarah Seely in 1808
- Fought in war of 1812
- He had 3 sons and 4 daughters
- In 1827 he joined Stephen Austin and Dleon signing a peace treaty for the Karankawa so they would not be raided
- 1831 when his colony was becoming a success
- Was arrested for claiming tobacco
- Died from Cholera
Was his settlement a SUCCESS or FAILURE??
When and why did Green Dewitt want a settlement?
Problems with Dewitt's Colony
In his colony there were lots goverment disputes of what and what couldn't do. Also his colony had got into fights about who owned the land and if it was fair or not. Food and water were a dilema of how much the colony was alloud to have and where they could get it.
How geography impacted the colony?
Sometimes food was hard to get or a little a time because of the little vegetation on some parts of the area. Also due to location, winters are cool and mild as summers are hot!