Mosaica Online Happenings
February 4-8 2013
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Monday, February 4th: Last day for new HS students to begin if the student has not already been enrolled in a previous school for the semester
- Tuesday, February 5th: Monthly Staff Meeting at 7pm Eastern
- Thursday, February 7th: Parent Ed Meeting @ 8:30pm Eastern in Julie's office
- Monday, February 18th: President's Day Holiday
- **Beginning August 28th, all adjunct teachers must submit invoices to Brenda McCullers on the 14th and 28th of the month**
Staff Spotlight - Brenda McCullers
Brenda lives in Georgia. She is married and has a daughter, a beagle, and a grandbeagle. She worked for 15 years as an elementary school secretary and 15 years as Administrative Assistant to the Associate Superintendent of Gwinnett County Public Schools. After retiring, she was part of a team that created the Gwinnett Superintendent’s Quality-Plus Leadership Academy, which provides leadership development to aspiring principals. She then worked for Georgia Virtual School before becoming part of the Mercury Online team. Brenda loves quilting, gardening, reading, and supporting students and educators.
*Please keep Elaine Gaughf-Smith in your thoughts- she is recovering from surgery and will be beginning chemotherapy in approximately one month.
*As always, please keep Barbara Noel-Williams in your thoughts- she is a WARRIOR in her fight against cancer!!!!
Let me know of any concerns or celebrations within our Mercury family!
TEACHER TIP OF THE WEEK!
Tip #3 Pace Yourself!
• Don’t spend too much time on any one question.
• Do your best and then move on.
• Answer the easiest questions first, but be sure to go back to those questions you skipped.
What Is Going On In Other Mercury Locations?
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Muskegon Heights, Michigan
Welcome to the American School Foundation in Mexico City!
We have the privilege of working with a few students this semester in some of our high school courses. Teachers of ASF students, be sure to save a copy of their calendar – for example, they are off Friday and Monday, February 1st and 5th !
You will receive updates here that will pertain to our students in any of these locations!
- be sure to consult the various calendars in D2L for these locations
Teachers PLEASE be sure you are keeping your D2L grade book updated. Whenever a program needs grades for a progress report, we export the D2L grade book current average. Thank you!
- Mexican Holiday - Feb 4
- Mexican Holiday - Feb 4th
- Feb 4 - Prof Dev day
- Feb 18 and 19 - Winter Break
- Feb 25 - Mar 1 - Winter Break