GLA West Connections
Week of March 25 - March 29
Growing into our Greatness ...Not a Moment to Waste!
April calendar now available
Global Excursion Final Payments Due
- 6th, 7th, and 8th grade: March 29th
- 5th grade: April 19th
Scholars who have not made final payments by the deadline will lose their seats. If there are any concerns, please contact Ms. Fuller at email@example.com
Denim for a Cause
Join us in celebration for 2019 National Autism Awareness Month! National Autism Awareness Month represents an excellent opportunity to promote autism awareness, autism acceptance and to draw attention to the tens of thousands facing an autism diagnosis each year.
Scholars in good standing may dress down in denim and blue for $2 on Tuesday, April 2nd.
Scholars in grades 3-8 will be taking a mock PSSA on Tuesday, April 2nd. One of the many ways we are supporting your scholar is through mock testing. This will take place Tuesday morning. Your scholar will have the opportunity to reflect on their experience at the end of the day with their teacher and create a positive affirmation that they will carry with themselves through the PSSAs. Please partner with us by asking your scholar how the mock test felt, and encouraging your scholar to get good rest and eat breakfast .
We are hosting this month's board meeting in the GLAW Cafeteria on Thursday, March 28th at 6:00 pm.
Mandatory 2nd Grade and 6th Grade Parent Meeting
All second and sixth grade parents are required to attend a mandatory meeting on Wednesday April 3rd at 6:00pm. A detailed letter was sent home with your scholar today. Please check his/her backpack.
Spring Break Packets
Spring break packets will be distributed on Thursday, April 4th. Scholars are required to complete their packet and return it on Monday, April 15th.
Jewel of the Month Assembly
Scholars in good standing may dress down in purple for our jewel of the month assembly next Friday, March 29th. We will be celebrating the jewel virtuosity.
Breakfast is served from 7:30 am to 7:55 am. If you wish for your scholar to have breakfast at school, please make sure he/she arrives before 7:55a so they can eat in a timely manner.
Saturday Scholar Enrichment
Our final scholar enrichment sessions will be this Saturday, March 30th.
We have officially kicked off our countdown to PSSAs!
The PSSA exams are around the corner - nine days away! This year’s PSSA prep theme, “We Can Do It,” intends to encourage your scholar to work with diligence and confidence on the exam. As partners in your scholar’s learning, we want to share our initiatives alongside ways you can partner in order set your scholar up for success.
“We Can Do It:”
- Do Now Challenge: In order to help your scholar familiarize themselves with question types and content on the PSSA, teachers are integrating a problem each day into the math and ELA block. These are opportunities for scholars to practice and review content.
- Show What You Know Challenge: During Fitness Friday, we are adding a PSSA question portion. Classes will compete for the correct answer alongside physical challenges. This fun activity is a way to build energy and review for the PSSA.
- iReady: Ensure your scholars is getting at-home practice with content by spending 45-minutes per week on iReady math and reading.
- Attendance: Your scholar’s presence at school directly correlates to their success on the PSSA exam. Please ensure your scholar arrives on time daily in order to receive relevant instruction.
- Saturday School: We are hosting a PSSA prep beginning February 3rd to help scholars in need of additional help. Please contact Ms. Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.
- ELA State-Wide Testing (3-8 grade): April 16-18
- Math State-Wide Testing (3-8 grade): April 29-30
- Science State-Wide Testing (4 & 8 grade): May 1-2