This is a publication from Mrs. Block and Ms. Shepard.
January 29th: Star Store Shopping
February 12th: Valentine Party
February 15th: No School - Presidents Day
Mrs. Block's Class
21st - Sophia
23rd - Ruby
28th - Sydney
Mrs. Lewallen's Class
2nd - Ash
18th - Gracie
27th - Aye'Diva
Thursday we celebrated 100 days of kindergarten! We read a couple of 100 day books, made a "100 Days Smarter" crown, wrote numbers to 100, made a 100 day stamp book, and even had a special 100 day snack! We had lots of fun and made some fun memories!
- We have been reviewing some the reading strategies we have learned so far. When students are reading books at their instructional level we encourage them to point to the words, look at pictures, get ready to stretch out the words, and look through the words. We will continue to add more strategies to our banks as we get a good grasp on these.
- We have also been talking about vowels and how those "special" letters make long and short sounds!
- We have been writing stories with multiple sentences that include transition words "first, next, and last".
- We are really focusing on sentence structure while writing stories with multiple sentences.
- This week we started Chapter 6: Subtraction
- We have learned to use the minus sign and the number sentence to go with the number stories.