Colrain Central School News
Where we learn by serving...
Finding us online
Just a reminder that updated information can always be found at our website: https://colrain.mohawktrailschools.org/ and our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/colraincentral
March 17, 2023
A Note From Mrs. Looman
- The Scholastic book fair opens on Monday! Students will get the opportunity to visit the book fair, create a wish list, and purchase books throughout the week. They have also added a new feature...if you don't want to send your child into school with cash, you can add money to your child's account here: https://tinyurl.com/3rbv4d7w Big News: The newest Dog Man book is available for pre-order. This is big news for many of our readers! If students fill out a pre-order form and pay for it by the 23rd, their book will be delivered to school within a week! We are also still looking for volunteers to work at the book fair, so please contact Ms. Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help. Thanks for your help in making it a success.
- Wednesday, March 22nd is a full day. We will be having an all school assembly at 2:30 in the gym. Some grades will be performing the dance they have been working on in PE.
- Spring Family/Teacher Conferences are scheduled for next Thursday and Friday, March 23rd and 24th. If you need to reschedule your conference, please contact the office as soon as possible. Both of those days will be 12:30 dismissal times.
- Wednesday, March 29th will be the District Celebration of Learning at MTRS. The event runs from 4-6pm and dinner will be provided by Foxtown Diner, thanks to the generosity of the Mary Lyon Foundation. There will be lots of fun interactive displays, raffles, giveaways, and the opportunity to celebrate the amazing things happening in our district.
- MTRS student Natalie Lanoue is sponsoring a clothing drive as part of her experience as a Project 351 Ambassador. Her Spring Service project is a clothing drive to benefit Cradles to Crayons, a nonprofit organization that seeks to eliminate clothing insecurity by providing children from birth to age 12 with new or gently used clothing so they can go to school feeling confident and cared for. Please see the flyer below to see how you can help!
Volunteers still Needed
The Book Fair is next week!
The Book Fair will run Monday - Friday and will be open during conferences. Students will have the opportunity to preview the books, write a wish list, and visit the book fair with their class. The Book Fair will also be open during Meet and Greet and recess/lunch times (if we have enough volunteers to staff it).Please fill out this Google Form if you are able to volunteer at the Book Fair. It’s easy to do and you will be trained when you show up. All volunteers need to have a current CORI Form on file in the office. Please contact Sandy White in the office if you have any questions about the CORI: 413-624-3451, email@example.com.
3/20: Scholastic Book Fair opens
3/22: 2:30 All School Assembly student performance
3/23 & 3/24: Family/Teacher Conferences
3/29: District Celebration of Learning at MTRS
March early release dates:
1:50 dismissals: 3/29
12: 30 dismissals: 3/23, 3/24