News from Room 8
March 21-25, 2016
- Please send in your treat-filled eggs for our Kindergarten Egg Hunt, if possible.
- WEDNESDAY IS SPRING PICTURE DAY! We will be taking our class picture, as well as individual pictures.
- Please send in Games to Go bag Wednesday so new games can be added.
- We will be visiting the Children's Museum of Richmond on April 21st. More information and the permission form will be in the Fox Folder on Tuesday.
- If you would like to donate supplies for our classroom, we could use a few wet erase markers, preferably black, fine point.
- March 22- Taco Tuesday and M-NES Family Game Night
- March 23 - PICTURE DAY!
- March 25 - morning - Career Day; afternoon - Kindergarten Egg Hunt
- March 25 - Report cards sent home
- March 28 - April 1 - No school, spring break
- April 21 - Muffins with Mom
- April 21 - Field trip to the Children's Museum of Richmond
- April 21, 5:30 p.m. - PTA meeting
- April 23 - Spring Fundraiser/5k
- Mary 23 - Field Day/STEM Day
- May 24 - K-2 End of Year Award Ceremonies
This Week's Learning Goals
- continue to practice and use reading strategies when listening to and reading stories. (Reading SOLs: K.1, K.2, K.3, K.8, K.9, K.10)
- write to communicate ideas. (Writing SOL: K.12b-d)
- use technology for writing. (Writing SOL: K.13)
- describe and identify triangles, squares, rectangles, and circles based on their characteristics. (Math SOL: K.11)
- identify and locate features on maps and globes. (History SOL: K.4a-c)
- use maps and globes to show the location of places referenced in stories and real-life situations. (History SOL: K.4a-c)
- understand that maps and globes show the position of objects, in smaller size, from above. (History SOL: K.5a-c)