4K A.M. Class
April 11, 2016
Last Week...April 4th-7th
We were comparing size of containers by pouring them into each other. Some questions we tried to answer were:
We measured links with rulers and tape measures. Some children made a link chain as long as our classroom.
Dramatic Play Area
Some children had fun dressing up for a tea party or a fancy party to attend.
- What happens when I pour this small container into this large container?
- Do you think this large container of sand will fit into this small container?
- Is this amount of sand the same, more, or less?
These girls used the shelf as their doll house in the building area. Very creative!
Look at our road!
We read environmental print (logos) and wrote words.
Upcoming Dates & Important Information...
- The Red Smith Talent Show is Thursday, April 14th. The afternoon class will attend to watch because it is during their school day. The evening performance is Thursday at 6:30 P.M.
Parent Involvement Opportunities...
- Paws for Tales: Read to a Dog! SATURDAYS in April 11:00 am-Noon For dog lovers and kids looking to practice reading aloud to a patient audience. Drop in and spend a few minutes meeting and reading to one of our friendly, trained four-legged friends. Reading is a PAWS-itive experience when you read to a dog.
This Week...April 11th-14th
- Our new book bag book is call Rainbow. We will practice finding and reading color words.
- At one of our table top activities, we will be sorting pictures, letters, and words. While you are reading stories, at home, point to these items and ask your child whether it is a picture, letter, or word.
- Read-aloud books are:
The Rainbow Fish (Marcus Pfister)
The Napping House (Audrey Wood)
- We will be talking about what makes a good friend.
- Usually rain and sunshine make a rainbow. Can we make a rainbow using paper towel, water, food coloring, and cups? We will experiment and try!
Letter V Activities...
1. Vacuum the house.
2. Put flowers in a vase.
3. Eat vegetables.
4. Put on and take off a vest.
5. Visit a veterinarian.
6. Make vanilla pudding.
Practice writing "V" slant down, slant up
Practice writing "v" slant down. slant up
Please bring a show and tell object that starts with the letter Vv on Thursday, April 14. Have your child practice sharing one detail about their object to a family member to prepare them for our Show & Tell community circle time