What a little birdie told us
Week of March 21, 2016
Spring is approaching and new beginnings are all around you. Take advantage of this and decided how you want this story to end.
- Throw yourself into your work and complete that paper you are working on.
- Take the time to go over your notes, recorded cc’s,and lessons so you can do well on the midterms.
- You are the only one that can make the decision on how you finish the school year.
Your teachers, counselors, and advisors are all here to help you. You have to be the one to take advantage of the help that is offered to you. Bury your feet in the sand and roll up those sleeves. For you have it in yourself to be successful. You Can Do This!
Spring Dance...Check your Kmail for More Details!
Reserve your Spot today!
Get F.I.T. and Ready for the EOY’s!
F.I.T. stands for Focused Instructional Time and we have reserved this time during second semester starting on January 18th to help prepare you for your End of Year Course Exams! Remember, the EOY exams are how you earn points towards Graduation. (For more information about graduation requirements, click HERE and HERE.)
Teachers will be using this time to review missing concepts from class time, go over practice problems, and help students become familiar with the online tools needed to take these tests. Recordings will be made available for students who cannot attend.
Keep in mind that these sessions cannot replace daily work in your LMS classes and attendance at ClassConnect sessions for success on these tests. This is merely meant to supplement and reinforce. They are optional, but recommended.
Click on the Course Name to attend. Please sign in with First Initial. Last Name.
NHS Peer Tutoring - EXTRA HELP!
Join Mrs. Gilles and members of National Honor Society for help in Math, Science and English!
Join Mr. McCorkle and Lucy A. in bringing Debate Club back to life!
Students are welcome to bicker, debate,
argue, and indulge in witty banter (“Yo mama” jokes are not witty banter). Dueling over personal insult, however, is not permitted.
Notice the NEW TIME!
WHEN: We meet every Wednesdays at 12:30.
WHERE: Debate Club meetings happen in Mr. McCorkle’s CC room. Click HERE to enter on the proper dates and times.
*We will update this schedule near the end of each month
Check out Past Debates:
- Driving Age; Cake or Ice-cream: 2 or 16 years of age is better; movie ratings working Click HERE for Recording!
- School mandatory; Trade school or college; fairy tales continued as is? Click HERE for Recording!
- Trial: Red vs. Wolf; Aurora vs Prince; debate e-check Click HERE for Recording!
- Kids and the things they are exposed to. Click HERE for Recording!
- What do you think about… Barbie, Women in military, and stay at home dads Click HERE for Recording!
- Change in the weather, St. Patrick’s day or Irish day? Click HERE for Recording!
This week's Event!!!
EOC (required for graduation pathway)
•Current 9th (Class of 2019)
•Current 10th (Class of 2018)
<-----If you are enrolled in one of the classes to the left
11th and 12th Grade students --> if you are currently enrolled in
HST403/406 (US Govt) you will take the EOY government or History test on 4/22/16.
You should now have your site and testing days confirmed!!! Check with your advisor if you or your LC have questions!
Want to Practice??? Find Resources HERE!
SUCCESS CAN BE YOURS! :-D
7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
How did it go this past week? Did you try to be ProActive? Think about things that you can control?
Read on for this week's habit to add to your toolbox!
For More info check out: http://www.seancovey.com/teens.html
We love hearing from you!
Counselor Corner-Info for all grade levels
Look for our k-mails and check the school website: ohva.k12.com.
Follow your School Counselors on Twitter: @OHVACounselors
Follow your School Counselors on Facebook by “liking” the Ohio Virtual Academy School Counselors
Follow us on Pinterest by clicking the following link: https://www.pinterest.com/ocounselors/
DEADLINE TO TURN IN College Credit Plus Intent Form: April 1st!
If you missed the Meeting, Watch Recording HERE!
Scheduling Sessions for the 2016-2017 School Year: (Current Students Grades 9-11)
Tuesday, April 5th at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
F2F College/University Visits:
- F2F Tour of Wright State: Monday, March 21st at 12:30 PM. RSVP by March 14th
- F2F Tour of Paul Mitchell the School: Wednesday, April 6th at 10:30 AM RSVP by March 25th
- F2F Tour of Baldwin Wallace: Thursday, April 7th at 11:00 AM RSVP by March 23rd
- F2F Tour of Cedarville University: Thursday, April 7th at 8:45 AM RSVP by March 23rd
- F2F Tour of Stark State College: Tuesday, April 12th at 9:30 AM RSVP by April 4th
- F2F Northeast Ohio Spring College Fair at the University of Akron: Monday, April 18th at 9:45 AM RSVP by April 8th
- F2F Tour of the University of Findlay: Thursday, April 28th at 10:00 AM RSVP by April 21st
Online College/University Information Sessions:
*All sessions are held on the link below*
Mount Vernon Nazarene University: Thursday, April 7th at 2:00 PM
Did You Know!?!? Join us on a Virtual Ohio Road Trip!
Last Week's Results
Counselor Contact Numbers
Click the picture for a bigger view!
Not sure who your counselor is, look in your Finding Your Path course
Advisor Contact Numbers
Click the picture for a bigger view!
Not sure who your advisor is, look in your Online Learning Course!