- Origin of name: from the English word "potash"
- potassium carbonate was mixed with animal fat to make soap
- Potassium was the first metal isolated by electrolysis
- Potassium salts are essential for both animals and plants
- It is essential for nerve and heart function
- It is also a vital element in the human diet.
Biology in humans
Break down and use carbohydrates
Maintain normal body growth
Control the electrical activity of the heart
- Control the acid-base balance
Never found in nature.
The element is quite abundant and makes up about 1.5 % by weight of the earth's crust.
Bannas have potassium
This is potassium
Bannas are yummy & have potassium