The Patriot Press
Liberty Park Elementary School
Week of February 4th, 2019
Dear Liberty Park Families,
We have a very exiting week ahead at Liberty Park! This Tuesday evening at 6pm is our 1st grade performance! See the flyer below for more details. Wednesday morning is our next Late Start day for Warren Township. Just a reminder that Liberty Park will operate on a 1 hour delay. On Friday, students will celebrate World Read Aloud Day. They will have an opportunity to read with some outstanding Raymond Park Intermediate students. Also, Friday evening is our annual Family Dance @ 7pm. Come on out for a great free event organized by our PTA!
Have a great weekend and as always, I thank you for your continued support of Liberty Park Elementary!
February 5th - 1st Grade Performance @ 6pm
February 6th - Late Start Day
February 8th - Family Dance Night @ 7pm
February 9th - Robotics Team Competition
February 14th - Dads Breakfast @ 7:30am
February 18th - President's Day - No School
Warren Little League
Missoula Children’s Theater
The Warren Arts and Education Foundation invites Warren Township Students K-8 to audition for King Arthur’s Quest directed by Missoula Children’s Theater. Auditions are Monday February 4 th @ 4:30pm in the auditorium at Creston Middle School, 10925 E Prospect Street. Students who are cast must be available to rehearse Monday Feb 4th - Friday Feb 8th from 4:30-9:00pm and ALL day Saturday Feb. 9th for dress rehearsal and performances at 3 and 7p.m. This opportunity is free to students, there is a $5.00 admission fee to attend performances on Saturday. Questions email Michelle Shuffitt firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-490-7752. See Flyer below for more information.
Calling all LP Dads!
Attention 1st Grade Families!
PTA Family Dance
During the month of December our student attendance rate was 93.6%. Our January attendance is much proved so far at 96.1%. Thank you for all that you do to ensure that students are healthy and attend school regularly. Remember that every school day counts in a child's academic life... a missed school day is a lost opportunity for students to learn!
School Dismissal Manager:
Parents - Everyone should have received an email from School Dismissal Manager, our new dismissal software for LP. Please download the app or login via computer to set your child's DEFAULT dismissal. Once you have set their default, you only need to use the app to report your child's absences to school or make EXCEPTIONS to your child's your email or have any questions. receive. Please contact the front office if you did not receive your email or if you have any questions.
Updates and Information
- Chartwells - Just a reminder that Chartwells, our District's food service company, provides breakfast is available to all students for free in the classroom.
- Valentines Cards - It is the time of year when valentines are being advertised in every store! If you are purchasing those for your child's class, please refrain from purchasing those with candy/suckers attached to the cards.
- Student Absences: If your child is ill and will not be at school, please use your School Dismissal Manager app to indicate your child's absence or call the front office. Please call and report if your child will be arriving late to school due to a doctor’s appointment. Doing so helps us to know that your child is safe and with you.
- Building Entrance - As part of our building safety enhancements, our new visitor intercom system has been updated and is located just outside the building. Starting next week, when visiting us you will now need to buzz the intercom outside the building and be prepared to show the appropriate identification as you enter. As a reminder, please do NOT hold the door open for other parents coming in.
- Car Rider Drop Off Families - Please ensure that students are being dropped off in the designated car rider drop off area following staff direction. The east end of our front parking lot is designated for bus traffic and students should not be dropped off in that area. Patience and procedures help us ensure the safety of all during this process.
- Birthday Treat Policy: While we love to celebrate, please remember there is a "no birthday treats" guideline. To access fun and helpful resources for healthy celebration ideas, please visit: http://www.warren.k12.in.us/wellness #wellnesswarriors #WEaretheKey
- Visitors Background Checks: Volunteers must have a valid background check on file in the front office as well as be included on a students emergency contact form for any type of school volunteer opportunities. If you would like to complete this process or have any questions please stop by our front office.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbooks should have came home with your student last week. If you did not receive a copy with the signature page please contact your child's teacher. These are also available throughout our school and district’s website. This web link will direct you to that page. http://www.warren.k12.in.us/student-rights-responsibilities
Notes from Nurse Kelly
The Marion County Health Dept will be doing vision screenings on children in grades 1 and 3 and hearing screenings on children in grades 1 and 4. These screenings will take place at Liberty Park from February 19th to February 22nd. If a parent/guardian does NOT want his/her student to be screened for vision or hearing, a written note must be sent to the school nurse no later than February 8th.
Lunch Time Reminders
Food Service Department News
If you need your username and password, just email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you one.
Need to speak to someone in the Food Service Department? You can also call us at 317-869-4381 or 317-869-4389. To view the Food Service website, go to http://www.warren.k12.in.us/food-service.
Jason Brooks - Principal
Kathy Hench - Dean
Brooke Tapper - Counselor
Beverly Stephens –Secretary/Registrar
Donata Lux – Secretary/Treasurer
Kelly Woods – Nurse
SCHOOL DISTRICT PUBLICATIONS/NEWS MEDIA USE
Meet our Newest Patriot ~ Mrs. Brooke Tapper!
Mrs. Tapper is pleased to be starting as the School Counselor for Liberty Park Elementary. Before coming to Liberty Park, she has worked in elementary school, middle school, high school, and college settings in Indianapolis, New Palestine, North Manchester, and Franklin, Indiana.
Mrs. Tapper received a Bachelor’s of Science degree from Manchester University in North Manchester, Indiana in May 2011. She earned a Master’s of Science degree in Counseling and Counselor Education from IUPUI in May 2017. Along with being fully licensed in Indiana, Mrs. Tapper is licensed in North Carolina.
In her first year as a school counselor, she helped initiate trauma informed care and restorative justice practices and education for students and staff at an Indianapolis alternative middle/high school.
In her spare time, Mrs. Tapper enjoys reading, crafting, and traveling the world with her husband, Benjamin, and their dog, Bron.