Job Interview Process
by John Hosch
Before the Interview
- Conduct some research on the company you are applying for.
- Know how you are going to dress.
- Find out where you are going.
- Get there about 5-15 minutes early.
Job Interview Tips - How to Prepare For a Job Interview
During the Interview
- Introduce yourself with a firm handshake to the interviewer
- Don't forget to make eye contact.
- Bring a copy of your resume and possibly examples of your work.
- Should arrive about 5-15 minutes early
- ask questions such as when will I hear back from you and ask what a typical work day is like.
5 common interview questions and tips on how to answer them
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about the company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Top 10 Job Interview Questions and Answers
After the Interview
- Tell the interviewer thank you for your time.
- Send the interviewer a thank you letter
Dress For the Interview
- Dress one step above the people that work there.
- Don't wear jeans.
- Wear neutral colors.
- A suit is not always necessary.
- Don't wear excessive jewelry, perfume, or cologne
- Don't speak negatively about previous employers.
- Don't speak negatively about yourself.
- Don't act you are desperate for employment
- Don't chew gum.
- Don't fidget or play with things like pens.
- Don't bring your cell phone into an interview.
- Don't be late.