Weekly Family News | November 14, 2021
- Students are accumulating too many absences and tardies. This is not helping our children. We can only do our job if children are at school, on time, every day.
- Thanksgiving break is next Wednesday, November 24 - Friday, November 26th. School resumes on Monday, November 29th.
- Report card #1 is available in your MISTAR Parent Portal. Click this link for directions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zE_l3MF_2Uei9Sa6YH-cKE7Lgn7CJjGu1fWh4AQUjwM/edit?usp=sharing
- Please label your child's things...bookbags, coats, lunch boxes, etc.
- Our Lost & Found is overflowing (see the picture below). If your child is missing any items, please have them look in the Lost & Found located in our lobby.
Staff Spotlight ~ Officer Campbell
State of Emergency: Our Children are Underachieving
In reading, 91% of our children are 1 or more grade levels behind, 53% of them are 2 or more grade levels behind, and 19% (almost 100) of our children are 3 or more grade levels behind.
In math, 97% of students are at least 1 grade behind, 60% are at least 2, and 28% are 3 or more behind.
Let me be clear: THIS IS A STATE OF EMERGENCY.
We need more of you to engage with us. Provided below are the things we are asking parents to do at home to make sure that our children can read. Check in with your child's teacher for their IREADY information so they can practice at home. Also check in with the teacher for any other things you can do to support your child.
Student Writing & Inventive Spelling
What's Happening in Our Schoolhouse?!
Mrs. Pace's 3rd Grade students have "Something to Crow About"! Her students wrote about something they understand, something they know, and something they can do!
Ms. Jenkins, our Special Education Resource Teacher, has made a little sensory fun with sight/high frequency words! As their ticket out of the door, her students must hopscotch and say the words aloud. It's so much fun!
Our students had a great time in art, with Ms. Monville, this past month as they challenged themselves to make a work of art by only using a dot! These are their projects in our hallway.
Girls Cheer Tryouts
Addressing Parent Concerns
Please click the button to find our district's communication protocol. This provides info for parents to know who to call and when, if an issue arises.