Internet 10 Commandments
THE RULES OF THE INTERNET
BY RICHARD BECK
1. Thou Shalt Not use a Computer to Harm Other People
This commandment prohibits users from using computers to hurt others like releasing their social security number.
2. Thou Shalt Not Interfere with other People's Computer Work
This commandment prohibits others from messing with other's work files and documents.
3. Thou Shalt Not Snoop Around in other People's Computer Files
This commandment prohibits users in sneaking through the computer files of others without there permission.
4. Thou Shalt Not use a Computer to Steal
This commandment prohibits others from stealing information from other's computers.
5. Thou Shalt Not use a Computer to Bear False Witness
This commandment prohibits accusing someone of doing something by using their computer.
6. Thou Shalt Not Copy or use Proprietary Software for which You Have Not Paid
This commandment prohibits the use of pirated software, games, videos, or music. The user is only allowed to use these things if they had paid for it.
7. Thou Shalt Not use other People's Computer Resources without Authorization or Proper Compensation
This commandment prohibits people from using someone else's computer resources with their permission.
8. Thou Shalt Not Appropriate other People's Intellectual Output
This commandment prohibits one from copying another's intellectual output and posting it as their own.
9. Thou Shalt Think about the Social Consequences of the Program you are Writing or the System You Are Designing
This commandment prohibits others from uploading a program that could harm one's computer files.
10. Thou Shalt Always use a Computer in ways that Insure Consideration and Respect for your Fellow Humans
This commandment prohibits users from using their computer in order to manipulate and cause trouble for other computer users.