Tips and Tidbits
Week of Sept. 28-Oct. 2 Vol. 2
Make Thinking Visible
Giving Voice: Explaining Thinking
A few options for the Explain Everything app might include:
- Students can make their thinking visible when visualizing, inferring, or reflecting in reading.
- Explain the steps in a mathematical procedure.
- Explain and give life to drawings.
- Record themselves reading their own writing.
- Record themselves skip counting for the teacher to check for mastery.
- Annotate over a piece of text and record their thought process or strategy use to understand the text.
- See it, Say it, Spell it routine for spelling words or sight words.
A Few of My Favorite Web Resources
All Grade Levels
http://www.teachthought.com: This site is dedicated to supporting educators and providing practical tips and solutions for effective instruction.
http://www.alicekeeler.com/teachertech/: This blogger provides many quick tips and "how-to" resources for Google apps. She often shares ideas and shortcuts for using the apps with students in ways that are meaningful and helpful to teachers.