RMS Weekly Event Calendar
December 4 - December 8
What's going on at RMS?
At Russellville Middle School, we are teaching our students the importance of giving to others. Our Student Council and our FBLA have partnered together to do a toy drive for underprivileged children. These toys will be donated and given to children so that they can have a wonderful Christmas.
Our SADD organization is conducting a canned food drive so that students can bring canned foods or non perishable items that will help feed others . Through this activity, we are teaching our students to think of those who are in need and how they can help meet the basic needs of others.
RMS 6th grade students are also working on sending care packages to our soldiers. The 6th grade history teachers are helping students show their appreciation for our military men and women by donating personal items that will be sent to help make a soldier's Christmas a little brighter.
We also have teachers and staff members who have donated money to help some of our own RMS students have a joyful Christmas that they would not otherwise have. These donated funds will be used to purchase clothing, shoes, personal hygiene items, books, and toys for some of our students who have the greatest need. The difference you are making in these students' life cannot be measured.
I thank all of these organizations and teachers for taking the time to teach our students how to give back and how to use their minds, hearts, and resources to impact others around them. Imagine the impact it will have on our students, our community, and our world when we teach others to give more and make a positive difference in the lives of others.
RMS Mentoring Schedule
Monday & Tuesday - Note Taking Strategies
Wednesday - Test Taking Strategies
Thursday - Study Skills Wrap Up
This Week at a Glance
Monday, December 4
- RMS Art Field Trip - Tennessee Valley Museum and Jerry Brown Pottery
- Student Council & FBLA meeting - Students will meet in the cafeteria during mentoring time.
- RMS Basketball vs. Florence - Home (RHS Gym) - 7th grade girls @ 4:00 p.m. - 7th grade boys @ 5:15 p.m. - 8th grade girls @ 6:30 p.m. - 8th grade boys @ 7:45 p.m.
Tuesday, December 5
- No known activities
Wednesday, December 6
- Technology Training with Dr. Barry Wiginton - Please plan to attend during your instructional period.
- AdvancED Committee Meeting - Media Center - Immediately after school.
Thursday, December 7
- Book Study - Room 125 - Please plan to attend during your scheduled instructional periods.
- Student Council & FBLA Christmas Toy Party - Student Council and FBLA members will have a party during mentoring.
- RMS basketball vs. Brooks - Home (RHS Gym) - 7th grade boys @ 3:30 p.m. - 8th grade girls @ 5:45 p.m. - 8th grade boys @ 7:00 p.m.
Friday, December 8
- 7th & 8th Period Exams - Please review the exam schedule for times.
- RMS Scholars Bowl vs. Sheffield - Home - 12:00 p.m.