Movie Poster Analysis
observe. analyze. brainstorm. design. create.
Remember to consider the following when Analyzing:
- Characters (face, emotions, position)
- Focus of picture
- Target Audience (who is the movie for?)
You are trying to decide if the poster is EFFECTIVE, or does it persuade people TO GO SEE the movie.
1= little effective
3= very effective
4= extremely effective
Use the trailers provided to help you analyze.
other links to show you what I am looking for:
42 - Official Trailer 2 [HD]
'Red Eye' Trailer HD
Jurassic Park 3D Official Trailer (2012) - Steven Spielberg Movie HD
Turbo - Official Trailer #2 (HD) Ryan Reynolds
A Walk to Remember - Trailer (2002) Mandy Moore
Stardust - Trailer
The Host - Official Trailer 3 [HD]
After Earth Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Will Smith Movie HD
Thor: The Dark World - Official Trailer (HD) Chris Hemsworth
The Boy In the Striped Pajamas - Official Trailer HD Quality
For each poster you must explain the following:
- Title of Poster
- 3 Observations you made and what they could mean for the movie (your observations must be based upon WHAT YOU SEE. They must be semi-accurate or reasonable)
- How effective you think the poster is and WHY.
This must be turned in by the end of the class period to show you are ready to create your own poster or trailer...
- The Good Doctor
- 1- The two characters have some sort of relationship but both are looking in different directions.
- 2- The word "Good" is fractured, indicating that he may not be good
- 3- The colors are bland or sad looking inferring that something is depressing, sad, or solemn. This does not look like a happy film. The log line is mysterious as well.
- I would rate this movie poster at a 2 because it doesn't give a lot of information, and is not incredibly catchy. However, if you like thrillers/drama it may be more appealing.
Red Dawn TRAILER (2012) Chris Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson Movie HD
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Strange Tides - Trailer 1
World War Z Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Brad Pitt Movie HD