The North News
Monthly Parent/Student Newsletter - January 2023
This form is to be used by students and parents to report bullying &/or any safety concerns. It is also located in the FAMILIES/STUDENTS tab on our site website...SAFE SCHOOL REPORTING.
- Communicate with us! Let our front office know that your student will be absent. Please call 405.324.2236 as early as possible in the day to let us know your student is going to be absent, the reason, and an approximate date of return. Please include the student's name, your name, and your relationship to the student if you leave a message.
- If you have one, turn in a copy of the Doctor's Note that explains the absence.
- Be sure your student checks their Canvas to keep up with assignments/activities they are missing while absent.
- Encourage your student to communicate with their teacher(s) regarding any questions they may have about missing assignments.
- Be sure make-up work is completed and turned in in a timely manner.
8th Grade MHS Informational Day
MHS will also be hosting a Bronco Course Expo on February 2 in the evening for students and parents to attend to learn more information for enrollment. (more specific information will be coming soon)
Soon after, MHS Counselors will be coming to MNMS to meet with each 8th grade student to talk about the career clusters/ICAP and get students in the right classes for next year.
We will switch the 7th and 8th grade lunch times on this day. 7th lunch will be at 11:13 and 8th lunch will be at 12:02.
MNMS is designated a Title School...what does this mean?
Title 1 ensures that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, prociency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
MNMS Needs Assessment Parent Survey (please complete)
Title I Parent Informational Meeting Slideshow
Title I Parent Involvement Policy
The Mustang School District’s Title I program encourages each Title I parent to be involved in
their child’s education. This policy outlines the parent involvement activities that will be
conducted during the school year.
Title I FAMILY-SCHOOL COMPACT (click for more information)
Parent resources are also available on district and teacher websites.
MPS Family Help Center linked HERE.
MNMS Student Arrival/Departure Times
Classes are 8:40 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
The building is open 8:10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. each day
Please do not drop students off or allow students who walk to school to arrive prior to 8:10.
Students are not allowed to walk/ride bike coming from the west due to safety concerns.
Students coming from the east should stay on the sidewalks and cross 15th Street at the crossing guard in front of Creek Elementary.
If you are coming to MNMS, please come through the Front Doors and check in at the office.
Please note that students should not be checked out at the end of the day after 3:05 p.m..
Need help with Canvas?
*Helpful Hint: Students need to view Canvas in CARD VIEW (not List View) to access the weekly modules.
1) Open a tab and go to Google.com
2) Log into your school Google account
3) Go to mustangps.instructure.com
4) Be sure you are in CARD VIEW
5) Click on a class.
6) Click on Modules (blue link to the left) to access the week's work.