Third Grade News
Distance Learning Week 9 and 10
Weekly Update 5/11 - 5/20
Be sure to check back here for updates throughout the week. I try to post here instead of sending out as many reminds.
- All graded items are due 5/20 by 3:00pm. I cannot accept any late work.
- The last day of school for the 2019-20 School Year will be Wednesday, May 20, 2020, for Waynesville R-VI students in grades K-11.
- Due to the potential for further spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Governor of Missouri has closed schools for the remainder of the school year. Per the state’s direction, “schools will continue remote learning for their students until the end date previously set on their academic calendars;” therefore, virtual learning and packet learning formats will continue through May 29 in the Waynesville R-VI School District. Food service is scheduled to continue through May 29. No decision has been made regarding summer school.
- Please try to get on Moby Max and practice your fact fluency daily. It is important to have your multiplication facts down prior to fourth grade.
- Helpful hint: If a video is not loading, try downloading it to your device.
- Please understand that lessons are not "one size fits all". If you are noticing an assignment is too long or too difficult, feel free to split up the assignment or do every other question
East Elementary Year-End Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
Graded MUST DO Items
**CHECK GOOGLE CLASSROOM TO SEE IF YOU ARE MISSING ASSIGNMENTS**
Please note the only MUST DO items are the graded items. Everything else assigned is for practice purposes. I will be updating the graded items as we go and will be letting you know if I am missing any of these graded items for the report card.
Standard: Figurative Language
Activity 1 Google Form: Ice Cream Figurative Language (Link on Google Classroom)
Activity 2 Google Form: Pizza Time (Link on Google Classroom)
Post Test -Figurative Language (Link on Google Classroom)
Standard: Point of View
Activity 1: Point of View Goggle Form (Link on Google Classroom)
Standard: Opinion Writing
Please send me a picture or share your child's digital copy first draft. I will be checking for the following items:
Activity 1: Did the student introduce a topic and use connected sentences?
Activity 2: Did the student establish a position and provide reasons for the opinion?
District Writing Prompt (Link on Google Classroom)
Standard: Earth Human Interactions
Activity 1: Science Book page 90-96
Activity 2: Science Book Pg 100-107
Activity 3: Science Book Pg 110-115
Post Test: Roof Project (Pg 116-117) -Submit your video through flipgrid. Take a picture of the completed workbook pages and send to your teacher though remind. (Link on Google Classroom)
*Science activity grades were collected during your child's video conference. If you are missing a grade please send me pictures of the lesson check questions.
Activity 1: Pg 707 Go Math (please send a picture of this page through remind)
Activity 2: Pg 733 Go Math (please send a picture of this page through remind)
Post Test: Shapes Post Test (Link on Google Classroom)
Standard: Area & Perimeter
Activity 1: Pg 641 ( (Link on Google Classroom or send picture of page through remind)
Standard: Multiplication Fluency
Post Test: Multiplication Kahoot (Link on Google Classroom)
Standard: Our Government
Activity 1: Chp 5 Lesson 1 (pg 153)
Activity 2: Chp 5 Lesson 2 (pg 161)
Activity 3: Chp 5 Lesson 3 (pg 169)
*Social Studies activity grades were collected during your child's video conference. If you are missing a grade, send a picture of these pictures through remind.
End of the Year Assessments
JUST TRY YOUR BEST> BREATH > YOU GOT THIS!! Please let me know if you have any questions.
Daily Meet Meetings
Unfortunately, we were having issues connecting with Zoom last week, but we were able to use Google Meet. Our daily Meet Meeting will be Monday-Wednesday from 11:30-12:00. I will be posting our daily link on Google Classroom.
Starting Friday 4/24, I will be teaching a cursive letter or two a day. This is a fun way to help us count down to summer! I will also begin a reading Wonder by R.J. Palacio during this time as well.
Week 9 Lesson Plans
Week 10 Lesson Plans
***Please note ALL graded assignments are due no later than 3:00 PM on May 20th***