Rolling Hills Elementary
August 22, 2019
Hello RHE families,
We are getting closer and closer to the start of the school year! I am very excited to meet our new friends and to see all of our returning students!
I want to share some important information with you. Below are the events and times that are happening at school. We are excited to see our families and anticipate the flood of smiles, laughter, and hugs!
Please remember that we are at our temporary location at the former Richboro Middle school while our school undergoes renovation.
Rolling Hills Elementary
98 Upper Holland Road
Richboro, PA 18954
Have a wonderful day,
Please join me in welcoming all of the new families to RHE along with several new staff members. Please see below for new staffing updates:
- Mrs. Aubuchon and Mrs. Frey will be joining Ms. Miguelez to teach several Art classes
- Ms. Samantha Staffieri - Music
- Mr. Nicholas Schmoyer – Fourth Grade
- Mr. Christopher Fernandez – School Psychologist
- Mrs. Cheryl Roche - EL Instructional Assistant
- Mrs. Julianna Giglio - Third Grade Learning Support
- Mrs. Rachel Moore - Fourth Grade Learning Support
- Mrs. Laura Paolini - Fifth Grade Learning Support
- Mrs. Mary Beth Haas - Sixth Grade Learning Support
- Mrs. Angelina Gallagher – School Nurse - Mrs. Gallagher will be filling in for Mrs. Kaufmann for the beginning of the year.
Thursday, August 29th
AM Kindergarten: 10:00-11:15
Kindergarten Play Date – RHE Playground: 11:00-12:00
PM Kindergarten: 12:00-1:15
Meet and Greet
On Thursday, August 29th at 2:30-3:30, we will hold a school wide Meet and Greet for grades 1-6. Students and parents are invited to RHE to visit their classrooms and to meet their teachers. Students will have the opportunity to say hello to new and old friends. Students are also invited to drop off their supplies if they wish.
Student Arrival - First Day of School
Back to School Nights
Wednesday, September 4 – 7:00-8:00 – Grades 1, 3, 5
Thursday, September 5 – 7:00-8:00 – Grades 2, 4, 6
New Intercom Entry System
As part of Council Rock’s increasing focus on security, a new front entrance access system was added to our building over the summer. Please be advised that our front doors will always be locked now as a result of this new security enhancement. The new, secure entry system includes enhanced features that Front Office staff will use to verify visitor identity and permit front door entry.
In order to gain access to the Front Office of our building now, the following will occur:
School visitors will push an audio intercom button located at our front door entry area.
School visitors will use the front entry audio intercom system to communicate their identity and purpose of visit with a Front Office staff member
Front Office staff member will confirm visitor identity using the new system’s camera feature and permit Front Office access
Once in the Front Office, visitors will sign in as a building guest, show ID, and complete the Raptor identification process to receive a visitor tag. Please always be prepared to show ID.
Title 1 Applications for Free and Reduced Lunch
Families must re-apply every school year before October 1st for the Title I Applications for Free and Reduced Lunches. The application does not roll over for any families that received this service last year. Online application access can be found at: 2019-2020 Free and Reduced Application Packet Packet. Please contact Sam Smith if more information is needed.
Rolling Hills Home and School Assication - RHHSA
Fire Safety Contest
The Fire Safety in the Home contest is open for any interested K-6 grade student. The deadline for the contest is Wednesday, October 16th. Last year, RHE had several prize winners and it would be great if that happened again.
CHARTWELL’S LUNCH PRICES 2019-2020
Student lunch prices will remain the same for the 2017-18 year as they were for the 2016-17 year.
Elementary School Lunch Price- $2.85
Milk price - $0.55
Click on the following link to access the monthly menu online: http://crsd.nutrislice.com/.
When sending money in for lunch, please be sure the money is in a sealed envelope with the student name and teacher.
The instructional school day begins at 9:10 am and concludes at 3:40 pm. Adult supervision is not available until 8:50 am. Please do not drop students off prior to 8:50 am.
- Kindergarten Meet and Greet: Thursday, August 29
- AM Kindergarten: 10:00-11:15
- Kindergarten Play Date – RHE Playground: 11:00-12:00
- PM Kindergarten: 12:00-1:15
- Meet and Greet: Thursday, August 29 Grades 1-6 – 2:30-3:30
- The first day of school: Students grades K-6: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Back to School Night - Wednesday, September 4 – 7:00-8:00 – Grades 1, 3, 5
- Back to School Night - Thursday, September 5 – 7:00-8:00 – Grades 2, 4, 6
- Back to School Party/Social: Tuesday, September 10 – 6:00-7:00
- Picture Day – 9/6
- Please check our school’s website at http://www.crsd.org/site/default.aspx?domainid=1558 for upcoming events.
Rolling Hills is on Twitter. Be sure to follow us to receive Tweets from our teachers!