By: Jamon Merritt
- There are some mountains in Northern Africa
- There is also desert landscape in this region
- Northern Africa is mixed with different landscapes
- Climate in North Africa varies.
- The forest is very rainy
- The desert is very hot and dry.
- Manufacturing and Processing
- Sahara Desert- largest hot desert in the world
- NIle River- longest river in the world
- Sahel- transition between North and south Africa
- Ethiopian Highlands- began to rise 75 million years ago
- Suez Canal-connects the Mediterranean and Red seas
- Egyptian Pyramids
- Great Sphinx of Giza
- Sudanese nomadic conflicts
- Arab Spring
- 2012 insurgency in northern Mali
Why I chose this region
I chose this region first off because I have interest in the Sahara desert. I also take interest in the Nile River. I've studied Africa before but I've never really studied northern Africa that much. Now that I have, I'm glad I did because it's very interesting. I may decide to visit there one day in my future.