EMMOTT ELEMENTARY PTO NEWS
PTO MONTHLY MEETINGS
PRINCIPAL: Jessica HernandezPRESIDENT: Vacant position
1ST VP - School Liaison: Melissa Robinson
2nd VP - Membership: Melissa Buenrostro
3rd VP - Fundraising: Rose Caston
TREASURER: Stacie Biggs
RECORDING SECRETARY: Priscilla Tilton
VIPS COORDINATOR: Jamie Drew
VIPS ASST. COORDINATOR: Heather Randall
VIPS LIAISON: Teri Quick
CORRESPONDING SECRETARY: Amanda Fong
HISTORIAN: Amanda Fong
BOX TOPS COORDINATOR: Priscilla Tilton
SAVE THE DATE
Students will be able to purchase Valentine Grams during their lunch period during the week of February 7-11. Each Valentine Gram will cost 10 cents. Volunteers will be needed to help students with their purchases.
The Father-Daughter Dance will be held on Friday, February 11th. Look for more information to be sent home soon. If you would like to help with this event, contact Jamie Drew at 832-468-4418.
JANUARY PTO MEETING MINUTES
EMMOTT ELEMENTARY PTO
JANUARY 11, 2022
Amanda Fong opened the meeting at 6:05pm. The position of President is vacant.
The minutes from the December 7, 2021 meeting were reviewed. Stacie Biggs made a motion to approve the minutes. Jamie Drew seconded the motion. The minutes were approved as written.
Staff Liaison Report: Melissa Robinson
· Teachers are back from Winter Break and are being proactive about COVID safety.
President’s Report: Amanda Fong (Sheila Hutchins has stepped down as President)
· The position of PTO President is open. If anyone on the board knows of someone who might be interested, please submit their name.
Treasurer’s Report: Stacie Biggs
· The revenue from the Penguin Patch Holiday Shoppe was $4,587.50. The company still needs to be paid.
· PTO received $58.91 from the Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night.
· $839.00 was spent on food for the staff Christmas luncheon. Everything else was donated.
· PTO received a check in the amount of $3,043.60 from Box Tops for Education.
· PTO is doing well financially.
· PTO received $1,392.00 in donations for the students’ Winter Parties. $1,338.00 was spent on party activities, favors and food for the students’ parties.
· Stacie would like to buy merchandise for the Spirit Store in bulk and have stock for the rest of the school year.
After reviewing and discussing the Treasurer’s Report, Jamie Drew made a motion to approve the report. Priscilla Tilton seconded the motion. The Treasurer’s report was approved.
Membership: Melissa Martinez-Buenrostro
· Memberships are still being accepted.
Fundraising: Rose Caston
· Spirit store is doing well.
· Spring Fundraiser ideas include: Fun Run, Carnival, Catalog, Read-a-Thon. A possible time frame would be the first week of March.
· Rose will try to set up another Spirit Night at Freddy’s Frozen Custard this month.
· Rose is planning the Spirit Nights for the rest of the school year.
VIPS: Jamie Drew and Heather Randall
· Thanks to the volunteers who signed up to work the Spirit Store. The store can’t open unless there are volunteers to work every shift.
· Curriculum Night will be virtual this month, so no volunteers are needed.
· Jamie Drew will set up a REMIND for PTO communications.
· The Nature Trails field trips were a success.
· If you would like to present a Demo to a class, contact the SCR for training schedules.
· Call the SRC to see if trainings you attended in previous years are still accepted for presenting this year.
Box Tops: Priscilla Tilton
· Emmott has 82 BTFE supporters.
· Priscilla will create a bulletin board so students can see where their grade level stands in the BTFE earnings.
· Mrs. Omar’s class won the Box Tops party for December. The date and time of the party are pending.
· Priscilla will create a slide about Box Tops for the teachers to add to their Curriculum Night presentations.
Staff Appreciation: Stacie Biggs
· The Christmas luncheon was great and PTO had many new volunteers.
· Ideas for the January Staff Appreciation include: supply trolley with pens, sticky notes, pencils etc. or a puzzle since January is National Puzzle Month.
· Members in attendance voted to give the staff puzzles as their appreciation gift.
· The Penguin Patch Shoppe was chaotic mostly due to time constraints.
· The students need a longer time to shop instead of the last few minutes of their lunch period.
· Next year, maybe schedule each class during their large group time.
· More inventory is needed.
· More volunteers are needed.
· Also, more space would be better so there is a more efficient flow
· Arranging the items by gift recipient could be helpful.
· Setting up the shop during the week after Thanksgiving would also allow December activities to be spread out so we might have more volunteers.
· PTO can sign up for the Holiday store now and get a 5% return on next year’s revenue. If PTO decides not to have the Holiday shop, we must opt out by October.
· Holiday ornaments were finished even though Lifetouch sent the photos late. Thanks to Amanda, Sheila, Lee, Alicia and Jamie for getting these done. Amanda will make sure the students who were absent receive their ornaments. We may take photos ourselves next year so we can control the time frame.
· Parties Re-Cap: We need to be more organized. We need to have a plan.
· The books that were ordered as gifts from the PTO have arrived. Volunteers will attach labels that say: New Year/New Book PTO 2022 and the books will be distributed to the students.
· The Father/Daughter dance is scheduled for Friday, February 11. We need to find out if we can still move forward with this activity.
· We will need 2-3 volunteers to coordinate the dance. The theme will probably be You Make My Heart Glow since we already have the decorations.
· Alma, Mandy and Jamie have volunteered to coordinate.
· We will need a flyer, photo section, food, corsages and Valentine spirit store items.
· A volunteer is needed to coordinate the Valentine Grams sales on February 7-11.
· A volunteer needs to run copies of the Valentine Grams.
· Volunteers sell the Valentine Grams during the students’ lunch periods.
· Revenue from the Valentine Gram sales goes to buying cupcakes to be given to the students during their lunch on Valentine’s Day.
· Jamie will send a Sign-Up Genius out asking for volunteers.
· When you volunteer to coordinate an event, you need to stay for the entire event. You need to be the first to arrive and the last to leave.
With no further business to discuss, Jamie Drew made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mandy Helton seconded the motion. The meeting adjourned at 7:40pm.
Submitted by: Priscilla Tilton
PTO MEMBERSHIP - IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN!
To join, send $5 in an envelope labeled PTO Membership with your name, your child's name, grade level and teacher. Send it to the Emmott office. Each family will receive a key tag to show you are a PTO member. When you show this tag at any of our events, you will be entitled to something free. (Ex: photo, drink, snack)
There's a lot you can do in an hour or two! Become an Emmott PTO volunteer. It's easy! Whether you have a little time or a lot, there is always something you can do to help. There are volunteer opportunities you can participate in at school and from home. For more information, contact Jamie Drew at 832-468-4418 or Heather Randall at 832-229-9809.
Jamie Drew, our VIPS coordinator, will be using the REMIND app to communicate with Emmott volunteers about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities. Don't miss out! Sign up for REMIND today.
PTO MEMBERSHIP - IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN!
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
We need you! The PTO board has a few positions to fill for the coming school year. If we cannot fill these positions, the PTO will not be able to continue its work. Please consider getting on board!
Open Positions for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Recording Secretary
- 3rd VP-Fundraising
- VIPS Assistant Coordinator
If you, or someone you know, is interested in one of these positions or if you would like more information, please contact Amanda Fong at 281-865-4917.
SPIRIT STORE FRIDAYS
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
WE HAVE WINNERS FOR JANUARY!!
Also, these students were given credit when their Box Tops were submitted through the Box Tops App. They win $5 gift cards to the Spirit Store.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION!
HOW TO SCAN WITH THE BOX TOPS MOBILE APP
HOW TO GIVE BOX TOPS CREDIT TO A CHILD, TEACHER OR CLASS
Did you know? The Box Tops mobile app gives you the option to credit each of your receipt scans to an individual teacher, classroom or person. See how it works!
Did you know Emmott can receive donations from purchases on Amazon! And there are no fees or rounding up required! Here's some info on how to set it up through your app. However, you don't have to have the app to do it. Just go to Smile.amazon.com before you fill your cart, select Emmott Elementary as your charity (first time set up only), and shop! Super easy and free money for Emmott!
¿Qué es AmazonSmile?
¿Cómo compro en AmazonSmile?
Para comprar en AmazonSmile, simplemente vaya a smile.amazon.com desde la web. navegador en su computadora o dispositivo móvil. Es posible que también desee agregar un Marcar a smile.amazon.com para que sea aún más fácil regresar y comenzar su comprando en AmazonSmile.
¿Puedo usar mi cuenta existente de Amazon.com en AmazonSmile?
Sí, usa la misma cuenta en Amazon.com y AmazonSmile. Tus compras El carrito, la lista de deseos, el registro de bodas o bebés y otras configuraciones de cuenta también son los mismo.
¿Cómo selecciono una organización benéfica para apoyar al comprar en AmazonSmile?
En su primera visita a AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), debe seleccionar un organización benéfica para recibir donaciones de compras elegibles antes de comenzar compras. Recordaremos su selección y luego cada compra elegible que usted hacer en smile.amazon.com resultará en una donación.
¿Cuánto dona Amazon de mi compra?
La Fundación AmazonSmile donará el 0,5% del precio de compra de su compras elegibles de AmazonSmile. Para obtener más información: https://smile.amazon.com/about