Partner Sign Up + Part 1 of Speaking Assignment
今日は火曜日です。Here's what's shakin' for today:
- Students with Tuesday/Thursday coaching will have their first coaching session today!
- Today you will sign up for a partner for your speaking assignment.
- Practice saying and record the lines in Part 1 of the speaking assignment
- Take time to write your responses to the 5 questions in this week's speaking assignment and send these to your partner.
Do you have a speaking assignment partner?
If you do not have a partner you worked with on Lesson 2's speaking assignment, you will need to find one. To sign up for a partner, go to Course Modules > Module 1 > Lesson 3 > Assignment 3.2: Speaking
- Click on the Speaking Assignment Partner Sign Up Wiki to get a partner.
- Click on the Edit Wiki button to add your name and contact info to the list. If you see someone signed up as Partner 1 and doesn't have a Partner 2, sign up to be that person's partner. Do not sign up as Partner 1 unless there is no one looking for a Partner 2.
- As soon as you see that you have a partner, contact them via the contact info they list, or by the Messages tab in your class, or by using Blackboard IM.
If you already have a partner, just plan to work with the same partner again to make things easy.
Speaking Assignment Part 1
For the first part of the speaking assignment you will record pre-written sentences on your own.
Practice reading the following sentences until you can say them fluently; then make an audio recording of yourself saying each sentence:
- まいにち さんじかん べんきょう します。
- いっしゅうかん に さんかい バスケットボール を れんしゅう します。
- まいばん（every night） いちじかん テレビ を みます。
- にしゅうかん に いっかい レストラン に いきます。
- いっしゅうかん に ごかい がっこう に いきます。
The goal is to trick sensei into thinking you're as close to a native speaker as possible. The more you practice, the better you'll do. Think about how your coach pronounces this week's vocabulary words - that's how you'll want yours to sound like. :D
Please only submit 1 audio recording for this part. Do not submit 5 separate recordings for each line - submitting 1 recording will save you time and effort!
Starting Part 2
To complete your speaking assignment this week, your partner will need to know your answers to the questions below:
- まいにち なんじかん べんきょうしますか。
- まいにち なんじかん テレビ を みますか。
- まいにち なんじかん ビデオゲーム を しますか。
- いっしゅうかん に なんかい きっさてん に いきますか。
- いっしゅうかん に なんかい としょかん に いきますか。
You'll remember form vocabulary that なんじかん means "how long?", いっしゅうかん means "within 1 week" and なんかい means "how many times?"
Today you'll want to think about how you would answer those questions. Try to have the answers to these questions prepared today so you can share them with your partner. :) Stay tuned for Thursday's announcement for more details on how to finish Part 2.
Expressing rough time frames
After saying how many hours it takes to do something, you can use ぐらい to say “about” or "around" to express that you spend roughly that amount of time doing that activity.
Sometimes I do homework for around 3 hours.
On Saturdays I play video games for about 4 hours
I always practice Japanese for about 2 hours. (Awesome!!!!) :D
Tweet/Text me Tuesday!
TODAY ONLY for 1 bonus point, you can use twitter to tweet me @BoutinSensei or text me at 919-964-5227 the answer to this question:
まいにち なんじかん べんきょうしますか。
If you can't tweet or text, you can email or IM me your sentence for your bonus point.
If you choose to tweet, be sure you have permission from a parent or guardian to use social media!
Also sending a shout out to Russell B. for working on his Mid Term project now so he can be ready to submit his on March 17th! Way to go Russell! We'll talk a bit more about the Mid Term project tomorrow so stay tuned!