March 25, 2015 - Issue 29
On Thursday, April 16th we will be having a parent workshop on Common Core standards and assessment. Please join us to view the types and rigor of questions that your child will be experiencing at the end of April. Also, below is a link to a document describing the Depths of Knowledge (DOK) framework. The DOK framework is a foundation for instruction and assessment of the Common Core Standards. Classroom instruction throughout a unit should cover the entire range of levels so that students acquire knowledge, skills and abilities at every level.
School Site Council for the New Schools
Castro School Calendar
- 3/26 Open House - 6PM-7:30PM
- 3/26 Adopt-A-Barrel Check In Meeting - 12:25PM (outside Room 10)
- 3/26 PTA Meeting for DI Parents, 5:45PM-6PM
- 3/31 Spring Picture Day
- 4/2 Project Cornerstone Meeting, 8:30AM OR 6:30PM - Staff Lounge
- 4/2 Science Fair, 6PM-8PM, MUR
- 4/3 California Theater Center Field Trip, 10AM-1:30PM - Rooms 5,6,9,10 & 13
- 4/6-4/10 Spring Break, NO SCHOOL
- 4/16 Lecture:Unmasking Masculinity, Helping Boys Become Connected Men, 7PM - MV High School
Registration Week for All Families
1) Make an appointment with Ernesto Nassau.
2) Attend Open Help session 8:30 - 9:30 am. Thurs. March 26th.
3) Attend Open Help session before, during, and after Open House.
6:00 - 8:00 p.m. in the Computer Lab.
2015-16 STUDENT REGISTRATION UPDATE
All parents of currently enrolled K-5th grade students must fill out an online registration form
to notify us if their student(s) is/are remaining in
the District for the 2015-2016 school year.
You will receive instructions (including a
Snapcode) by eMail or regular mail.
REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED BETWEEN MARCH 23rd AND MARCH 27th.
If you need assistance, help will be available
at the Castro Computer Lab on Thursday,
March 26th from 8:30AM to 9:30AM and from 6PM to 8PM (during Open House).
If you are unable to attend either of these sessions and need help, please contact the Office to make an appointment with Mr. Nassau.
PLEASE BRING YOUR Snapcode with you.
MENTOR TUTOR CONNECTION VOLUNTEER INFORMATION OPEN HOUSE
Thinking about how you can make a difference
in the life of a student in our community?
Mentor Tutor Connection urgently needs high school mentors and K- 8 tutors for students in Los Altos and Mountain View schools.
Come hear about how you can support youth in
our community. There is no obligation to sign up
as a volunteer. You are welcome to learn more about what we do. Bring a friend!
Date: Thursday, April 2nd
Time: 12PM – 1PM (lunch included)
Location: MVLA District Office (Board Room)
1299 Bryant Avenue
Special Needs that May Come with Adoption
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 – 7 to 9 pm at Covington Elementary School Multi, 205 Covington, Los Altos 94024. For more information, see www.selpa1cac.org.