The Paleo Diet
Healthy or a Hoax?
What you Can and Can't Eat
So What Did A Caveman Eat?
By eating like caveman, we will be leaner and less likely to get diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and reduce cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Grass-produced meats
- Fresh fruits and veggies
- Nuts and seeds
- Healthier oils, including olive oil and coconut oil
- Cereal grains
- Refined sugar
- Processed foods
Paleo Diet Cons
- Eliminates food groups like dairy and grains, which give important nutrients, such as calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium in dairy and B vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants in grains.
- Lack in diabetes prevention
Not A Good Choice
If you are wanting to make your diet healthier, the Paleo Diet is the wrong way to go. Instead of going Paleo, you could:
- Eat three meals a day
- Include some protein, grains, and fat in each meal
- Include foods with color at every meal or snack
This is the best way to eat well and stay healthy.