BHS Warrior Wire
February 2019 Edition~ Brook Haven School~ Sebastopol, CA
Supporting Our Schools!
Here at SUSD, we are fortunate to be supported by a small but mighty group of parent volunteers who work hard to provide additional dollars to our classroom accounts, field trips, activities and enrichment opportunities. The Sebastopol Educational Foundation (SEF) is a non-profit dedicated to supporting all of our students. This group of parents is organizing fundraisers like the Read-A-Thon, Color Run, Kozlowski Pie Sales, Popcornopolis Sales & the Gala that is taking place on Saturday, February 23rd.
We hope that you will consider joining us for The Gala, a fun evening event. Come support our schools, enjoy good food and company and meet other members of our school community. Tickets are available in the school offices, as well as at bit.ly/2019SEFGala
If you are unable to attend, we hope you'll consider contributing to our auction basket. We are collecting items for a "Family Night In." Items might include games, movies, popcorn, gift certificates, craft items, food items, a deck of cards, and more. The possibilities are endless and we'd love to have an impressive basket to auction off. If you know a small business that would be willing to donate an item for our silent auction, please reach out to Deirdre Lordan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to you all for supporting our students & staff. There is no doubt Brook Haven is a great place to learn, together!
What It Means To Be A Warrior
We love catching our BHS Warriors being SAFE, RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE & KIND! We would like to congratulate Milla Mansell & Kylee Bauman for being the winners of our January Red Ticket Raffle Drawing!
If you have a prize you're willing to donate or are willing to work on soliciting donations from local businesses to use as rewards, please let the office know. We would appreciate your help!
We Need You!
Please help us keep improving!
BROOK HAVEN PARENTS: We need to hear from YOU about your experience in the SUSD schools.
Yep, it’s time for SUSD to conduct our semi-annual parent survey. A link to the online survey will be sent out February 8th. Paper copies will be available in the office. Both versions will be available in English and Spanish. Your honest feedback is powerful information in our efforts to continuously improve.
All parents who complete a survey are eligible to enter the drawing for a $100 Visa gift card and five $20 Visa Gift Cards.
Volunteer of the Month
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls Volleyball comes to an end. Our 8th graders finished the year 4th out of 14 teams. They worked hard and showed great growth this year. The 7th graders demonstrated they will be strong competitors next year and we can't wait to see what is in store for them. Congrats & thank you to Coach Antonia Garza & Bella Puget- our teams were so lucky to have your guidance and assistance!
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball games are underway now. Both teams are off to a great start and they've made significant improvements already. We are glad to see full teams at each grade level. We are proud of our student-athletes!
- 6th Grade Boys & Girls Basketball will begin in March. We are looking for a Girls Basketball coach- please let Ben Morita, email@example.com know if you are interested.
Do you know a student who wants to learn more about Brook Haven? Please spread the word!
Dates to Remember
- Monday, Feb. 11- NO SCHOOL, Lincoln's Birthday
- Wednesday, Feb. 13- Prospective Student Shadow Day
- Monday, Feb. 18- NO SCHOOL, President's Day
- Saturday, Feb. 23- SEF Fundraising Gala at Park Side, 6pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 27- Fifth Grade Information Night, 6pm
- Wednesday, March 13- Prospective Student Shadow Day
- Friday, March 15- TEAM Day
- March 18-22- NO SCHOOL, Spring Break
- Monday, April 22- NO SCHOOL- Staff Development Day
- Thursday, May 16- Open House, 6 pm
- Monday, May 27- No School, Memorial Day
- Thursday, June 6- Last Day of School, 8th Grade Promotion 2:00pm
Video Production On The Scene
Our Video Production students are on the quad asking students if they can read the ingredient labels of their snacks. What are you feeding your body?
Weill Hall Performance
A big congrats to our students who were chosen to perform at SSU with the Sonoma County Middle School Honor Band; Austin VanBezooyen, Emmit Cannady, Katelyn Barone, Noemi Rosas, Aliyah Contreras & Remy Allen.
Bunsen Burners in Science
In science, exploration leads to an explanation. 8th graders engage in a hands-on lab to identify the different colors of salts.