The Titan Times: Week 17
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
In this Edition:
- Message from Principal Sharp
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Leander ISD Opportunities
- Counselor's Connection Info & Message
- Ways to Stay Engaged & Volunteer for Upcoming Events
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
This month is a fun filled one with school and weekend events and activities. We want to be sure you can engage with our campus and surrounding community as much as possible, so please be sure to mark your calendars, RSVP, and carefully read all campus and classroom communication for what is ahead as we start to close out 2022.
On December 8th, our campus will be highlighted at the school board meeting for the efforts we take with our community to create impactful family engagement. We would love to see you there supporting us as we present to the school board all of the amazing partnerships we have in place as we aim to meet the needs of our students. If you plan to attend, please let me know so that we can save you and your family a seat!
Should you need anything or wish to connect to collaborate, celebrate, or express a concern, please reach out. Otherwise, let's make it a great week of showing PRIDE in our community!
Take care and be well,
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
Mark Your Calendars
- 7th: Spirit Night at Chick-fil-a Four Points
- 8th: 3rd Grade Performance for Parents at 8 AM (RSVP)
- 5-9th: Inclusive Schools Week
- 8th Leander ISD Board Meeting at 6:15 PM at the LEO Conference Center: River Place Elementary Will be Highlighted! Come on out to support us or watch us on the livestream.
- 13th State Hearing and Vision Screenings Throughout the School Day
- 14th-16th Staff and Student Dress Up Days! See below.
- 15th: Winter Parties- see teacher's newsletter for grade level party information
- 16th Early Release at 11:30 AM
- 19th through January 2nd Winter Break- No school for students and our staff reports back to campus on January 2nd
On January 3, 2023 students return to campus & the 3rd Nine Weeks Grading Period begins.
MUST KNOWS FOR THE COMMUNITY
SAFETY FIRST AT ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL
- The street in front of our school becomes ONE WAY during arrival (7:05 - 8:00am) & dismissal times (2:20-3:00pm).
- Follow the map provided for the safety of our Titan Community. There is NO DROP OFF FOR STUDENTS AT THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING.
- During this time the traffic in front of our school on Sitio Del Rio Blvd should flow one way ONLY--traffic entering from River Place Blvd. and driving towards FM 2222.
- If parking in the parking lot in front of our school for drop off or pick up during these times, you should follow the flow of traffic, making a LEFT turn as you exit the parking area.
Volunteer at RPE
Run/ Read Club: Volunteers Needed
What is River Place Run/Read Club:
- A morning walk or jog is a great way to start the day and a healthy habit to form. Encourage your kids by volunteering for this event!
- It is also a great way to see your kids interact with friends in their grade level.
- We need parent support to keep this program going strong. Your words of encouragement as they run laps go a long way to encourage the students. Sign up here!
- Students will either run around the track and earn prizes, OR they may read silently to self in the gym.
- Volunteers and teachers will help set up the tables, help students get their badges, log laps run, motivate kids, give out rewards for laps run, and collect badges and take down tables when Run Club is finished. Sign up here!
- After Run Club, at 7:50, Mr. Grace will pick up the students and take them to the cafeteria. Students who have not had breakfast yet will do so then.
Time: 7:10-7:50 AM
Place: Check in at the front receptionist desk and then head to the MPR (Multi-Purpose Room across from the cafeteria)
Questions: please contact/text Tracey Schalscha at 602-558-0248
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED LISD VOLUNTEER. Sign up here!
Run or Read Club Schedule:
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders
Location: 6500 Sitio Del Rio Blvd, Austin, TX 78730, USA