LVJHS Weekly Bulletin 1/01/2016
Dear LVJHS Family,
Greetings in 2016! The Christmas Break is a great time to share fellowship, enjoy family, be thankful, recharge, and most importantly--reflect on what matters. The day before Christmas Break was a great day here at LVJHS! We completed our 12 Days of Christmas Celebration, judged our Christmas door decorating contest, and celebrated our students attendance by allowing students with perfect attendance to compete against staff members in volleyball. The tournament was action packed, fun, and a great way to celebrate our students!
Before the tournament began, I briefly spoke with our students about the importance of being at school every day because every day matters. The efforts we put in to every day determine who we become. Og Mandino poetically states: "Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later." These words are a metaphor for life in general, but have strong implications for the students we serve as well. Our students deserve our best, so they may become their best.
Thank you all for making LVJHS a great place for students!
La Vernia Junior High School
P.S. If you have not completed the discipline survey, please do so.
Please check out Lead4ward.com to check out some powerful learning tools. Visit the link below to see some awesome instructional strategies in the STAAR4ward section in the Lead4ward website. Use "learn2lead" in the password area.
Please check out the memory pegs link to learn how to increase student retention through the use of movement and association; Mr. Kosub will model how to use these at our next faculty meeting.
Staff Spotlight: Sarah Layne!
Fundamental Five Focus...
Recognize and reinforce must be done every day and in every class period for all students. We need to recognize even the smallest of achievements or improvements to help our fragile students succeed. This recognition gives our students the motivation to work harder and to gain momentum to start a habit of academic success!
Please take time to complete the Discipline Survey in Google Forms. We want your feedback on how we are serving our students and staff in the area of student discipline.
Christmas Choir Performance!
Christmas Door Decorating Contests!
Second Nine Weeks at a Glance
- October 26, 22015: LVJHS Volleyball vs Mountain Valley (7th/8th grade @ HOME)
- October 29, 2015: LVJHS Football vs Pleasanton (7/8th grade @ HOME)
- Oct. 26, 2015 Beginning of Sem 1 Cycle 2 (2nd ) 9 week Grading Period
- Oct. 26, 2015 LVJHS vs Mountain Valley (7th/8th grade HOME) (Volleyball)
- Oct. 26-30, 2015 Red Ribbon Week
- Oct. 26-30, 2015 LVJHS Book Fair in the La Vernia Jr. High Library
- Oct. 27, 2015 PTO MEETING @ 9:00 am
- Oct. 28, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 1 (9wk) Report Card Issued
- Oct. 29, 2015 LVJHS vs Pleasanton 7th/8th grade @ HOME (Football)
- Oct. 29, 2015 PEP RALLY
- October 30, 2015: Early Release/Staff Development
- Nov. 1, 2015 LVJHS VB vs Gonzales @Gonzales (5:00PM)
- Nov. 16, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (3 wk) Progress Report Grades are DUE
- Nov. 17, 2015 PTO MEETNG @ 9:00am
- Nov. 18, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (3 wk) Progress Report Grades ISSUED
- Nov. 23-27, 2015 THANKSGIVING BREAK
- Dec. 14, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (6 wk) Progress Report Grades DUE
- Dec. 15, 2015 JH Band Concert
- Dec. 15, 2015 PTO MEETING @ 9:00am
- Dec. 16, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (6 wk) Progress Report Grades ISSUED
- Dec. 16, 2015 HISTORY FAIR
- DEC. 18, 2015 EARLY RELEASE/STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- DEC. 21-JAN 4 WINTER BREAK>>>HOLIDAY
- JAN. 4, 2015 STUDENT HOLIDAY; STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Jan. 11, 2015 School Board Meeting
- Jan. 15, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (9 wk) Report Card Grades are DUE
- Jan. 19, 2015 Semester 2 BEGINS
- Jan. 20, 2015 Sem 1 Cycle 2 (9 wk) Report Card ISSUED