The Jag News
FM9 Student-Led News Source-January 13, 2017
New Semester Starts Wednesday
Jaguar Sports Calendar
- 1:30pm - Lady Jags JV2 Soccer vs. Sachse @ Pearce B Field
- 4pm - Lady Jags Varsity Soccer vs. Plano HS @ Colleyville Heritage HS
- 4:30-8:30 - Lady Jags Basketball vs. Southlake Carroll @ Southlake Carroll
- 4:30-8:30 - Jaguar Basketball vs. Southlake Carroll @ Southlake Carroll
- 9am - Lady Jags Varsity Soccer v. Allen @ Colleyville Heritage HS
- 2pm - Lady Jags JV2 Soccer vs. Little Elm @ Pearce B Field
Friday the 13th
1. Black Cat Curse
On Friday the 13th, 1969, a black cat darted onto the field during a decisive late season matchup between the Cubs and the Mets, both jockeying to lead their division. As the story goes, the cat ignored the Mets and stared into the Cubs dugout for 10 seconds before disappearing. The Cubs crumbled after that game, losing 18 of their next 27 games and toppling from first place in the division. They didn't really shake that curse until last season—and then lost to the Mets in the playoffs.
2. Lightning Strikes
At 13:13 military time on Friday the 13th in 2010, a 13-year-old boy was allegedly struck by lightning in Suffolk, England. He survived with only a minor burn. And from that moment on, he had, hands down, the best party story of all time.
3.Plane crash, cannibalism, and an avalanche
On Friday, October 13, 1972, a plane full of Uruguayan rugby players crashed into the snowy Chilean mountains. Only 27 of the original 45 passengers survived. The bad luck continued: without supplies, the survivors had to eat their dead teammates. A few weeks later, an avalanche killed eight more. And the 16 remaining survivors were not rescued until the end of December. Horrifying.