Countdown to In Person Learning
Mask Requirements for staff and students
Dear Tiger Families and Staff
The LTISD Return to School Protocols for COVID 19 have been updated on the district site. I want to encourage you to read the entire document. However, over the next several days you will receive a message (like this one) from me highlighting a specific section explaining how it will pertain to our campus. Today's topic is face coverings.
Future topics include:
Disinfecting & Hand Sanitizing - Friday, August 28th Newsletter
Meetings, Hallways & Common Areas - Monday, August 31st Newsletter
Classrooms - Tuesday, September 1st Newsletter
Cafeteria - Wednesday, September 2nd Newsletter
Arrival & Dismissal - Thursday, September 3rd Newsletter
Specials & Recess - Friday, September 4th Newsletter
1st Day of In Person Learning at WCHE - Friday, September 4th Newsletter
Visits to the Nurse - Monday, September 7th Newsletter
I hope you find these messages helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you have any additional questions.
Melanie Beninga, Principal of WCHE
LTISD is required to comply with the governor’s executive order and Travis County’s orders regarding the wearing of face coverings. ***Face shields may not be worn in these settings.
- All face coverings, including masks, must cover the nose and mouth.
- Individuals will appropriately wear face coverings when required.
- Disposable masks will be available upon request if a student, staff member, or visitor forgets to bring their mask.
- Any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents him/her from wearing a face covering may be exempted with appropriate documentation. Individual needs regarding face coverings will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. Requests for accommodations should be submitted to campus administration.
- Parents may elect to have their Pre-K through 2nd grade students continue to wear a face mask or a face shield in the classroom by communicating such requests to the classroom teacher.
- LTISD will provide face shields for all students to use in the classroom. Parents may also send students with a face shield. However, face shields may not be worn in lieu of masks except as permitted in the classroom or by explicit directions from their teacher, coach, director, sponsor.
- In grades 3-5, with certain exceptions. Students may use a face shield instead of a mask while in the classroom and will receive explicit directions from the teacher.
- Students will need to provide their own masks and families will be responsible for cleaning the face coverings daily.
- Students will be permitted to safely take mask breaks throughout the day when social distancing is possible.