August 2021 Hornet Connection
Pelham City School Parent Newsletter
This also means that we are planning at this time for normal parent activities and that makes me especially excited! We will definitely continue to offer virtual options to anything we possibly can but we will also be inviting parents back in our buildings to parent events.
Please look closely to the Parent Events Calendar for 2021-2022, our first event for parents is the Parent Academy, August 20, 2021 at 8 am.
Friday, Aug. 20th, 8-10am
PHS Multipurpose Building
Our resources represented will range from the in school helps, counselors, and academic coaches to organizations that work in our school to support students. This is a Parent Academy you will not want to miss! The first ten parents will receive a free Pelham Hornets mask and all participants will be entered in a drawing for door prizes. If you have any questions please contact me with my contact information below!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Parent Involvement Resource Center
Please stop in during our new PIRC hours as shown below, contact me for an appointment or utilize the virtual request option by completing the PIRC Request Form and your resource will be sent home with your student.
New PIRC Hours!
Monday and Friday 9 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Thursday 1- 4 p.m.
Carnegie Public Library
Calling All Volunteers! 🙌
PCS Volunteer Orientation
Friday, Aug. 27th, 8am
Pelham Elementary School, Parent Involvement Resource Center
PTO Update! 🤠🎩👒
1. PTO $ Days- August 13th, dress down day and August 27th hat day
Students can pay $1 each day for the privilege of dress down on the first day or wearing a hat on the second day!
2. Box Tops For Education- Don't forget the box tops! Box Tops are easier than ever to redeem, just follow the directions on the Box Tops for Education website. Box tops can still be clipped or just scanned on your phone, find out more at BTFs)E.com.
Stay in the Know with Parent Involvement Remind!
Please sign up for our Parent Engagement Remind text message. Just text (229-588-2949) and use the code below as the message for your school or schools of choice.
Cindy Smith, PCS Parent Engagement Coordinator & Homeless Liaison
contact me in various ways...
phones: 229-2948170 ext. 214 or 229-221-2336
website: pelham-city.k12.ga.us & follow us on Facebook
- August 20- Parent Academy Brunch, 8 a.m. @ PHS Multipurpose Building
- August 26- PES Student of the Month Program, 9 a.m.
- August 27- Volunteer Orientation, 8 a.m. @ PIRC (in PES)
- August 30- PES Cookie Dough Sale begins