By: Naty Gil and Jamilet Nino
Characteristics about Nematodes
- Nematodes are bilaterally symmetrical . This means both halves of the body are exactly the same.
- Feed on just about everything.
- Body has two cell layers , tissues and organs.
- Body is covered in complex cuticle.
- Has no blood system.
- Live mostly everywhere ( except dry places ) including as parasites in plants and animals.
- Reproduce sexual and asexual.
- Breaking off the head of this creature , it will leak a high level antigen which can to shock or fast death.
- Dracunculus infest humans usually at feet or lower leg.
- Cause to have boiling sensation , worm will burst in hot water which will allow the worm reproduce in the hot water waiting for next host to infect.
- Strongylida is a type of lung worm that is a parasite who can cause a serious health to dogs.
- Dogs who eat snails or slugs ( carry lung worm lavere) have a high risk of having it.
- Signs of having it is change in behavior,breathing problems and more.
Deadly Human Parasite - Guinea Worm