Week #28 March 12-16, 2018
What's Happening Week #28
- 1:00 PBIS Admin meeting - ESC
- Kern County Science Fair-Davis
- PBIS Committee Meeting 2:30pm
- District Board Meeting 6:30pm
Wednesday 14 Pi Day! 3.164... (pies in the lounge!)
- BOB Team Meeting
- PBIS for Parents SMS Multi-purpose room
- Marley's Mutts Pledg program
- "Parenting Today"-2:30-4pm SES cafeteria *top class attendance per site wins a dance party and teacher prep!*
- Ed Tech Meeting 2:30
- PBIS District Team Leadership 8-3pm ESC
- Classroom Management PD @ ESC 3:30pm
- GO GREEN Day!
- PBIS Leprechaun Coins Activity - 5 tickets
- PBIS SES meeting with Heather Robbins - Library 8-3pm
- End Quarter 3
Mark Your Calendars!
- PTA Mixed Bag Fundraiser Begins 3/23-5/9 (Promotional Video for Students) *Show on 3/22
- 3/19-3/23 PLC Week, Final Yearbook Review Week
- 3/20-See's Candy Arrives
- 3/20 Staff Meeting-Committee Reports
- 3/22 SMS 5th grade orientation
- 3/23 Minimum Day for Spring Break 12:00 dismissal
- 3/24-4/2 Spring Break
- 4/3 Return to school - Staff Meeting 2:30 library
- 4/4 5th grade Band Orientation, SMS Multipurpose Room
- 4/6 Kinder to Murray Family Farms 8:30-12pm
- 4/6 March Madness PBIS Event 10 tickets
- 4/6 FREE Family Movie Night 5-7pm "COCO" & PTA Board Elections
- 4/9 Last Day Mixed Bag Fundraiser
- 4/10 SES Board Presentation
- 4/13 Decade Day (50's 60's, 70's, 80's, etc)
- 4/23-25 Big Smiles on campus
- SES CAASPP Testing window 4/30-5/11
P.O.P. Power of Positive
- Thank you to our hard-working Spaghetti Feed committee! Join us Saturday 5-7 for some great fun! Proceeds benefit Standard Elementary!
- Shout-Out to Trisha Reeder for diligently working on completing our yearbook! And to Kalyn Davis and Kimberley Adkisson for being our photographers extraordinaire for our group shots and making sure all of our new students get added to the yearbooki. Remind students to order, they are only $20!
- It is exciting to see small group instruction happening at ALL grade levels! Students are growing and achieving!
- Have you shared a shout-out POP by the boxes? Who needs some special recognition?
PBIS RockSTAR Focus
DATA on behavior is showing aggression at recesses, by both boys and girls, across the grade levels.
Our PBIS focus is: Good Sportsmanship
Show this Playground Rules during breakfast this week.
Talking Points with students:
- Why is it important that all students follow the rules?
- What do we do when someone chooses not to follow the rules?
- What rules do we see that students do not follow the most?
- How can we make our playground safer?