September 5, 2017
I hope you had a fantastic three-day weekend. I know I did. It was fantastic to spend some time with family and friends and to enjoy some nice weather. I hope you had an opportunity to do the same.
There are just four work days this week. I know you will make the most of them!
Thank you for all that you do to make FHN a great place to work and learn! Enjoy your week!
- Congratulations to AP students who had their names added to the wall in the cafeteria.
- Congratulations to the model UN club on getting off of the ground this year.
Parent / Teacher Conference on Wednesday, September 6th, in the large gym from 4:00 to 7:30 p.m. We look forward to seeing you!
Staff will be provided with dinner and softdrinks after school one Wednesday. P.T.O. will be providing desserts too!
AP Teacher Meeting: Tuesday September 5th in the Learning Commons 2:30-3:30
PLC Leader Meeting: Monday September 18th in the Learning Commons 2:30-4:00
PD Committee meeting was this past Tuesday. We would love to have more committee members to help guide the direction of our building PD and faculty meeting time. At the meeting, we discussed the plan for Faculty Meeting PD. The first part of faculty meetings will continue to be celebrations and updates on portions of the School Improvement Plan. For the second part of faculty meetings, an interest inventory will be sent out in September and then groups will be set based off of staff choice. October and November there will be time for work with the group you selected. December will be an opportunity to share with everyone what you worked on. If you have any questions please see Katie Greer.
Testing Room Information:
The testing room has moved to Room 104 this year. Please see the reminders and procedures below. The testing form is attached, or we will have extra copies in the main office. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Testing Room Usage:
- This room is to be used for students who require special testing accommodations due to IEP, 504, and special STAT accommodations.
- Please do not send students who need to make-up a test due to student absence. (Special circumstances may arise, please contact myself, Dr. Greer or Mr. Moorman for requests)
Test drop off:
- Before or After School: please put tests in the testing box in the main office. The testing box can be found on the open AA desk.
- During the Day: you can take them to room 104 and leave them with the teacher in the room
- Please fill out forms for the tests you are leaving
- If the student has an accommodation for the test being read, please send an extra copy for the test reader.
Test pick up:
- Testing Room staff can place the test in your mailbox by the end of the day
- You can pick up the test from 104
- Please note this under special instructions on the form attached
We are officially into Septembe, which kicks off Attendance Awareness Month! For some great tools and resources you can use as a teacher to promote positive attendance habits, please visit http://www.attendanceworks.org/about/what-can-i-do/teachers/
Also, we have begun pairing students up with Attendance Allies. If you have a student struggling with attendance and would like to be their adult mentor, please let Jeff Blankenship know and we will get you more resources. Thank you.
Staff Chats during lunches on Wednesday, September 6th. Come eat lunch, enjoy conversation, and enjoy delicious desserts in the LC.
Staff Night at the Football Game on Friday, September 8th. Join us for the pregame Potluck Tailgate at 5:30 in the LC. Family and friends welcome! Just bring a finger food to share if you'd like to participate. We will walk down to the game together after we eat! Come cheer on the Knights and enjoy and evening with your colleagues.
Behavior Team met this past week.
- Established Norms
- Discipline Data thus far
- Continuing Restorative Practices Awareness
- Planning a potential Lunch and Learn related to Behavior
- Possibly revise building wide expectations
- Next meeting 9/26 at 2:30 in Room 5/8
If you have a student in ISAP and they are already working on an assignment/project for you and they should have all the materials, please email the ISAP folks and inform them of this. Thanks