First Lego League
Edwards Elementary (Grades 4-5) Lego Leagues
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p..m.
Edwards Elementary Library
What is FLL?
FLL introduces younger students to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface.FIRST LEGO League teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
Participating Students get to:
- Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations
Team Schedule for the year
PLEASE NOTE: "TEAM" is a central component of FLL. If your child has other commitments or activities that conflict with the meeting schedule or the final competition, please re-consider their participation for this year.
Sept. 14 (Week 1) First Meeting
Sept. 21 (Week 2) Team building/Core values, Students brainstorm season calendar, Get acquainted with LEGO kits, Decide on project topic
Sept. 27 (Week 3) Build mission models, Brainstorm robot strategies, Start researching project topic
Oct. 5 (Week 4) Build robot base & Continue researching project topic
Oct. 12 (Week 5) Work time for robot and project
Oct. 19 (Week 6) Work time for robot and project
Oct. 26 (Week 7) Work time for robot and project
Nov. 2 (Week 8) Work time for robot and project
Nov. 9 (Week 9) Work time for robot and project
Nov. 16 (Week 10) Finish programs and project presentation
Nov. 23 (Week 11) Practice robot rounds, Practice presentations, Practice core values challenges, Final touches
Nov. 30 (Week 12) Practice competition (parents invited)
*December 5 or 12 Official FLL Competition
December 15 FINAL CELEBRATION
$35 per student (fee pays for t-shirts, LEGO kits, and registration)
How do I register my child?
- Attend the informational meeting on Tuesday, September 8 in the Edwards Library and submit your registration form with payment.
- Complete the attached registration form and bring it back to Mrs. Green before Thursday, September 10. OUR FIRST TEAM MEETING IS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14.