iMiddle Parent and Community News
Join us at 12:30 for Lunch on November 20th for Parent Involvement Day!
iMiddle Family News:
- Come join us on November 20th for Parent Involvement Day! You are invited to come on campus between 12:30 and 1:30 to have lunch with your child. The Parent Foundation has set up a Taco cart to be on campus and the price is $5.00 for a taco plate. You may purchase tacos for you and your child and there will be a designated area near the Library to have lunch with your child. We will also have a green screen photo booth available for you to take a picture that will be emailed to you. We are looking forward to having you on campus next Friday! It is a minimum day and you can take your child home if you wish after lunchtime after school. In order to inform the taco cart with amount of food to prep, please RSVP with how many people you expect to order tacos for. Water and juice will also be available. Please click on the link to RSVP link
- Parent involvement matters! We know it but do we realize we’re talking up to a full point of a student’s GPA? Check this article out for more info!
- This week we are starting our new icafe breakfast cart starting at 7:00 AM. Students are welcome to come to campus at 7:00 AM to use our free internet and grab some breakfast. School staff will be here to make sure your child has a great start to their day! The cost of breakfast is only $1.00 and the menu has changed. We will be offering bagels, yogurt parfaits, breakfast burritos and more. Hot chocolate with soon also be available. Dozens of studies from as far back as the 1950s have consistently shown that children who eat breakfast perform better academically than those who don't. Unfortunately, more than half of all teens do not eat breakfast each day. Skipping breakfast can have immediate negative effects on cognitive abilities, especially for children at nutritional risk. Drop your child off early so that they can eat a healthy breakfast while using the internet to catch up on school work. Everybody wins when students start their day off right! The iCafe will be open from 7:00 AM - the first bell. Students who have zero period may also grab their breakfast before class.
- The first cluster ELAC Meeting (English Language Advisory Committee) will be held on November 19th at CPMA from 6:00-7:30 p.m. All parents of second language learners are encouraged to attend.
- Save the Date! November 20th is iMiddle Parent Involvement Day! We invite you to come and join your child for lunch on November 20th starting at 12:30 and ending at 1:30. It is a minimum day. More info and a separate invite will be coming out soon!
Continued from last week:
- For the past several years, students participating in the LOGO program were afforded free Internet access for their take-home devices. The Internet appliance and the monthly service costs were subsidized by State and Federal programs, as well as by the San Diego Unified School District funding sources. Unfortunately, State and Federal funding have recently been eliminated, leaving a shortfall that cannot be absorbed by our district. We can no longer provide one mobile broadband access point for each LOGO device. Due to these changes, we will need all mifii devices to be turned in this week. History teachers will be collecting these through their classes this week. The iMiddle teachers have already started to shift their lessons to requirements that do not require the internet. If you have internet at home you can continue to use that source. Students would need to toggle back and forth when they are home. To assist with those who may not have internet service at home, iMiddle will be have two hours/day where students can access the internet. The times will be from 7:00 - 8:00 AM and 3:00 - 4:00 PM every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday in the Library. The Library will be staffed with Admin. and teachers to assist students with online access. If this creates a hardship for your family, please contact the main office or the iMiddle Administration.
Please read below for other school updates.
Thank you for your partnership this school year!
School Site Council
School Site Councils (SSC) provide oversight of the academic planning and budgeting process associated with the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) in order to meet the needs of all students. SSCs provide meaningful consultation with the principal to oversee the implementation, monitoring, and revision of the SPSA, including reviewing and analyzing data; consulting with advisory groups; evaluating programs and activities; and allocating the expenditure of funds available to the school through categorical programs.
SSC Meetings will be held the third Monday of every month starting at 4:15 PM in the Library. Please plan on showing up if you want to be involved with the SSC. the next meeting is November 16th at 4:15 in the school Library.
Join the iMiddle Foundation!
Get Involved and join the Parent and Community Foundation at iMiddle!
iMiddle has an active parent foundation run and governed by parents. If would like to be involved, volunteer or assist with fundraising, please email Jesica Broadhead at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Foundation meets on the first Wednesday of every month in the school Library starting at 6:00 PM. You are all welcome to attend!
Homework Center: Tuesdays and Thursdays: 3:00-3:45 in the Library
A teacher will be available for assistance if students need help with homework.
Spirit Days at iMiddle
Wednesday: Wacky Wednesday: Theme changes every week
Friday: Commit to College: Wear High School or College gear
Tutoring is Available after school
The schedule is on iMiddle.or or click the link below:
Sports and Clubs at iMiddle
East Coast Trip for 8th Graders
- Destination College — Parent and Student Workshop at Madison
A free 4-series workshop offered by the Ballard Parent Center, focusing on the myths and realities of preparing for college, will be held at Madison beginning on Tuesday, October 27, 5:30-7:30 pm in room B5 (behind the automotive building). Parents and students will learn the essential steps required early on in high school to plan and prepare for college. A light dinner is included. Space is limited, so please register today -- RSVP to Greg Williams at email@example.com. Additional workshop dates will be November 3, 10 and 17 (families are encouraged to attend all four). Students are invited to attend with their parent/guardian. Spanish translation and childcare will be available, if requested in advance.